Headcannon no. 9

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Private
════════════════════════════

•  If Levi Ackerman was one thing, it was certainly private.

• Unless he spoke on it, anything regarding his personal life was left a mystery to anyone and everyone.

• He kept his emotions and personal affairs to himself, much to his closer friend's disappointment.

• They only ever knew what he was thinking when he would scoff out a snarky response to something being said, followed by the click of his tongue.

• Though they'd tried many tactics to get him to open up, and by they I mean Hange, they couldn't get a peep out of him regarding his personal life.

• They all learned very quickly that Levi liked to keep to himself more often than not.

• So it came as a shock to both Erwin and Hange when he agreed to accompany them into Trost one evening for a gathering of sorts held in one of the town halls.

• What was more shocking, was the way he seemed almost eager to go.

• By the time they arrived and made pleasant small talk with other high ranking officials, they soon found out why his behavior had changed so drastically.

• After losing the shorter man in the crowd and searching the halls to find him, they were met with a sight they never in a hundred years imagined seeing.

• Levi; stoic, cold-demeanor and sharp tongued Levi Ackerman hand in hand with a beautiful woman.

•  "W-what...how...when?!"

•  "Close your damn mouth four-eyes. You'll catch flies."

• He'd walk you closer to them, his expression much more soft and tranquil than normal as he introduced the lovely woman on his arm to his friends.

•  "Eyebrows. Four-eyes. This is Y/N; my wife."

• His soft tone and loving gaze your way left the two speechless for far longer than they'd have liked to admit.

•  "So this is why you were eager to come," Erwin would muse near silently.

• Poor Hange didn't know what to do with themselves as they excitedly took your hand from Levi's to greet you.

•"OhmygodLevinevertoldusaboutyouwellhenevertellsusanythingbutohmygoditssonicetomeetyouI'mHange!" 

• Cue a slap to the back of the head from Levi and an exasperated sigh. "And you wonder why I don't ever say anything."

• But what neither of you were expecting, while knowing full well tonight would be the night Levi broke the news to them, was to see Erwin near bursting at the seams with a bright grin.

•  "It's wonderful to meet you, Mrs Y/N. I'm glad to see Levi has someone so lovely at his side to accompany him. I'm sure the others would like to make your acquaintance as well."

• You turned to Levi with a raised brow and eager smile, to which he rubbed at his brow with an exasperated sigh.

•  "Fine, I'll introduce you to the others. But we're going home after this; I've been surrounded by idiots long enough for one night."

•  "You guys have a home?!"

• Taking your hand gently in his own, Levi led you away from the babbling scientist and chuckling Commander to go seek out his other companions for a quick meet and greet.

•  "They're lovely; Hange and Erwin," you snickered, squeezing your husband's hand reassuringly.

• "I'm sure you'll be seeing much more of them, now that you've met," Levi scoffed, leading you on.

• But secretly, Levi was bursting with pride and joy watching his friends accept you so easily and excitedly.

• And especially, that they'd accepted him for opening up a tiny bit on his personal life.