Respect

Requested on Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Commander Erwin had just given the order for the S.O.S. to take Eren Jeager to the old HQ building; to run tests and keep him out of the public eye.

As Captain Levi's second in command, and trusted wife, it was your responsibility to help with plotting out the next moves for the titan boy's training and safety over the next two weeks.

This sudden act of taking charge doesn't sit well with those who don't know your relation with the Captain.
════════════════════════════
SFW, fluff, marriage, s2
════════════════════════════

"So! We've got some things to discuss." You stated cheerily as you took a seat at the head of the table. Before you sat your fellow squad mates, all lounging about on the wooden chairs as they ate and drank with your newest member, Eren Jeager.

There had been a lot of turmoil throughout the ranks, as well as the masses, about the new Scout. A titan shifter; the first of his kind. Under Commander Erwin's command, you'd followed after your Captain all the way from Trost, where the boy was being held, to the abandoned fortress of the original Survey Corps Headquarters. While hiding out here, it was your mission to learn more about this situation surrounding the young teen and find ways to apply it to the betterment of humanity. As well as the furthering of information previously gathered about the titans, much to Captain Hange's delight.

As Levi's second in command, you'd done all that you could to both follow orders and console the poor adolescent to the best of your abilities during these trying times. But recently, with all the work piling up for your dear Captain, you'd started to take on a more leading role within the squad rather than continuing to be the nurturing figure of the group. 

Of course this was approved by your loving husband. While he helped take care of matters more political, you stepped in to handle more of the hands on matters. It worked out perfectly, you thought; you could help humanity and your husband by taking a stand. By no means were you a Captain yourself, but with your skill in taking charge, you might as well have been lately.

Organizing a stack of papers in your hands, you met the eyes of each of your squad members with a smile. With a quick reassuring nod to Eren, you began.

"Captain Hange has been given permission to start experimenting with Eren's shifting abilities. We'll be riding out tomorrow further into the countryside to keep out of the eyes of the public. Both for safety and privacy. I've mapped out a suitable place for us to practice and train Jeager while Captain Levi is away on business with the Commander, so by this time tomorrow I'll need you all saddled up and ready to head out. We'll start off slowly; just a couple hours out on the countryside to take notes and try out a few ideas Hange has written out for me."

You slid a paper filled with Hange's messy scrawling towards the center of the table for everyone to see while you sifted through your other handwritten notes.

"After that, we'll return here by noon for a quick lunch before checking in with Captain."

"Any other orders, Captain?" Oulo drawled out lazily, shooting you a look from the far end of the table.

"Captain?" You questioned with a tilt of your head.

"Might as well address you as such if yer gonna be givin out orders like one." He continued on, now sitting up straight in his chair and lifting a teacup to his lips awkwardly.