5- Projecting

"Alice, tell Elijah from management to have that weekly report on desk in the next twenty minutes

"Alice, tell Elijah from management to have that weekly report on desk in the next twenty minutes." I end the call.

I sigh sitting leaning back in my black revolving chair as I take a sip of my apple juice studying the black crystal necklace with a gold chain on my desk. I found it two days ago.

It's a stupid necklace. Why would she even buy it?

It did look pretty hanging on her neck, but no that's just from a visual standpoint. Herself all together just irks me, and she's fucking annoying.

The type of annoying where you don't even know the person, but you just know you don't like them. That's how I feel about her.

I didn't miss her little comment at dinner. "Carver is also hardworking."

She said it as if it pained her to call me smart, and she knows Carver isn't my damn name but yet she persists on calling me it just to get under my skin.

I can't stand her.

I should've tripped her.

I know my night would've gone better if I threw her out of my car. A small pang of joy hits me at the thought, but quickly replaced with a surge of annoyance.

I grab the necklace throwing it in the trash.

A knock the door pulls me out of thought, "Come in." I call setting down my drink and sitting up.

Elijah walks in with paper work in hand and he sets it in my desk nervously.

I pick up the paper silently skimming through the report glancing at the clock.

"You're a minute late. You're fired." I sigh throwing the report in my file cabinet.

"But sir it was only ten—"

I narrow my eyes, "You're fired. Don't make me repeat myself. Get out."

He doesn't argue, a look of defeat and despondent falls along his features as he walks out my office, and guilt sprouts within my chest.

I sigh running a hand over my face. This all her fault. If she wasn't so infuriating and in my head I wouldn't have been irritated.

I'll rehire Elijah tomorrow.

I press the intercom line to the assistant's desk, "Alice I'm going on my lunch break."

I exit my office, ignoring all my employees, and entering the elevator. When I finally left the building I walk to the sushi place across the street.