21- Sophisticated

"Sunshine!" Devin exclaims, gasping in excitement, when she takes notice of her fiancé walking behind Leo

Devin stumbles out of her chair rushing towards Marco with a bright smile on her face, shoving Leo out the way.

Marco had a subtle smile on his face as he helped her keep her balance as he guided her towards the club's exit.

The scowl on the short tempered man didn't cause a shock to me. I've seen Leo wear that expression so many times I'm surprised it's not permanently stuck on his face.

"Where is she?" He demands looking around the chaotic scene of people dancing against each other.

"Where's who?" I furrow my brows.

"Astryd, Ivy. Where the hell is Astryd?" He grits through his teeth.

I tilt my head, "Why, so you can ignore her in front of her face?" I asked softly, my fingers caressing Carter's arm that's wrapped around my waist.

He lets out a frustrated sigh, looking around the club. I glance towards Astryd's general direction to see she's making her way towards us, confusion clear as day on her face.

Leo sees her, and I could see as they looked at each other hurt and anxiousness replaced the confusion that was once etched across her features.

She turns away walking in the opposite direction, and Leo was quick to follow her as she was determined to get lost in the crowd.

I sigh getting out my chair and lacing my fingers with Carters, "I think it's time for us to go." I stood on my toes saying the words in his ear, and he nods.

"We're heading out." I yell over my shoulder telling Delani and August.

"We coming with y'all." Delani replied following us as me and Carter starts walking towards the exit.

There was so many things going on, I focused on making it to the exit, but I didn't the notice the figure fumbling towards me.

Carter pulls me back, out of the drunk man's way, and we watch as the drunk lands face first on the club floor.

Carter looks at the man unimpressed and though I felt slightly bad we kept walking until we were out the club and standing on the sidewalk.

"No no no no!" My head snaps towards the sound of a familiar voice, and I see Astryd hitting Leo's back, thrown over his shoulder.

"Stop manhandling her. Be gentle." Sorren insists moving Leo's arms that were around Astryd and helping her down.

"No!" Astryd stumbles slightly to get a hold of her balance, Sorren's hands catching her waist.