14- Raccoon

I just can't help myself

Whenever I see an animal I have to help it, so when I saw a baby raccoon waddling down an alleyway with a small piece of rope wrapped around its neck, digging into it's skin, and it's tail almost covered in glitter glue I had to help it.

That was about a two and a half weeks ago and Trash is feeling much better, her neck has healed, and bath got rid of that glitter glue.

I temporarily named her Trash because I did find her next to a pile of trash, but I am planning on changing her name.

When I rescued her I instantly brought her to the hospital clinic, and unfortunately I can't keep her here and I don't think my apartment allows raccoons, so I have to let her loose.

I place her in a crate made for a small dog before I walk out of the back room and to the front desk.

"I think I'm going move." Astryd voices as she sits in her revolving chair, her prescribed glasses perched on the bridge of her nose, as she nervously chews on the end of pen.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked setting the crate on the floor.

"I think I'm going to move out of the penthouse." She elaborates.

"Why?" I ask, my brows furrowed.

"Leo and Sorren are avoiding me, for like almost a month, and its lonely. I use to remind Sorren to eat because he gets so caught in painting, but now he locks the door and whenever I knock he doesn't answer, and I know he's in there; especially when he's playing music." She stresses.

"Maybe he needs some time to himself." I shrug.

She sits straighter in her chair, "I thought that too, but then with Leo he would flat out just ignore me. I would try to talk to him, but he walks away like he didn't hear anything." She sighs pushing a box braid out of her face and over her shoulder.

"I already been through that once Ivy I can't do it again." She looks up at me and it was rare times when I see such vulnerability in her deep, brown eyes.

I know Astryd holds these two men to her heart, and when being the only child of neglectful parents being ignored or avoided hits too close to home.

Everything Astryd has she worked for she had to, because her parents weren't doing it. Before she was a veterinarian assistant she worked as a waitress since she was sixteen, and stripper since she was eighteen.

The guys just thought she was really dedicated and needed the money from waitressing, because they didn't know. Astryd had a habit that anything she feels will be a burden she keeps to herself, she broke out of that, but was always scared Leo and Sorren would leave.

"Have you tried telling them?" I asked softly.

"Yes." She nods, "Multiple times, but it's hard. We all have our boundaries about things we don't talk about. My parents, Why Sorren rarely talks, and Leo's anger issues."