26- Funnel Cake

Tranquility

Tranquility.

Waking up in Carter's arms is the most peaceful thing I've experienced and I've mediated under the stars at night, and instead of having a mind clear of any thoughts my mind was stacked with thoughts of him.

Is what I would've felt if he hadn't woken me up.

His warm touch gracing my skin as he holds me to his chest with our legs tangled together, and he spoke softly ruining my peace. "Wake up, girasole."

"No. Leave me alone." My voice came out groggily as I keep my eyes close.

He got up from the bed, leaving me cold, and I slightly frown. "Ivy, it's morning."

"Carter, I don't care." I mimic tiredly.

I groan in pain closing my eyes tighter when he opens the blinds letting the sunlight in. I turn away from the light, "Never have I been so disrespected in my own home."

He chuckles, "I am going to get my bag from my car and when I get back I am going to see you up out of bed."

"You're gonna be disappointed." I mutter patting my head to make sure my bonnet was still on.

I hear the door open and close and I can finally relax but then the door open again, and I don't suppress my groan of annoyance.

A familiar voice groans as a body falls on the bed beside me and I realize it wasn't Carter, "Ugh why is it so bright?" Astryd spoke in distaste.

"Hey, babes." She sounded sleepy and her arms falls over my upper back.

"Carter slept over." I mutter my eyes still closed.

"That's nice." She murmurs.

"And now he wants me to get up."

"That's not nice." She murmurs.

"That's what I said but with different words." If wasn't tired I would've said that more enthusiastically and it would probably end in an exclamation point.

Her forehead touches mine, "Yeah we're connected." She hums sleepily."

I lazily raise my hand letting it fall on the side of her head, "We're psychically linked." I nod.

"You know what I'm thinking?"

I nod, "Yeah."

"Okay on three. One..."

She's too lazy to count to three right now.

"Sleep." I guessed.