11- Insomnia

Staring at the stars I let out a tired sigh as I relax on the beach chair I laid out on my apartment balcony

It's one in the morning and I couldn't sleep so I look at the night sky with a cover draped over my legs in a hoodie and my bonnet over my head.

I take a sip of my smoothie from the yellow bendy straw before setting it on the outside table next to me.

I grab my phone from the table, I need to talk to someone if I'm gonna go to sleep.

I called Delani. She didn't answer but sent me a picture of her middle finger.

I would probably call Astryd but she's probably working, same with Tyson.

So out of pure spite I called Carter. The phone rang three or two times before he picked up the call.

"Fuck you want?" His voice was deep and groggy from the sleep.

"What're you doing?" I ask sipping my smoothie.

"Sleeping, genius."

I nod humming, "That sounds nice. How was it?" I ask.

I hear him scoff, "If you don't tell me why you're calling me at one in the morning I'm going to hang up."

"I can't sleep." I sigh.

"I don't see how that's my problem."

"I know it's not, but I need to talk to someone before I can go to sleep." I explain.

"Watch a video or something." He suggests.

"I tried didn't really work." I huff as someone honks a horn as the drove in the street below.

"Where are you?" He ask.

"Outside on my balcony, why?"

I hear him let out an exasperated sigh, "What the hell are you doing on the balcony?"

"Looking at the sky and drinking a smoothie." I said grabbing my blended fruit drink taking a sip.

"And you wonder why you can't fall asleep." He mutters, "Ivy, go inside and lay down."

"Can I finish my smoothie first?"

"No. Go to bed." He was strict, and his Italian accent was more noticeable when he was sleepy.

I lazily get up from the beach chair grabbing my smoothie and blanket go back inside my apartment. I put my smoothie in the refrigerator before going to my room and getting under the covers.

"You know what I don't understand?" I am laying my head on my pillow.

"Ivy, do you have insomnia?" He ignores my question.