27- Dangerous

Cranking up the car I apply pressure to the peddle under my foot to hear the now smooth running of the engine

Cranking up the car I apply pressure to the peddle under my foot to hear the now smooth running of the engine. I had to change the spark plug to rid of the shuttering.

My eyes glance to Sorren. He sat in his usually spot on the couch with his sketchbook in his lap as he stared at the page biting his nails as if it was hypnotizing. He seems a little out of it.

Leo was here too.

He's sitting on the mat in his corner of the garage after he just took his anger out on the punching bag hanging from the ceiling. It's like his anger issues have worsened.

There's something tense about the two, I've rarely seen them talk to each other anymore; though they still choose to hang around each other.

I turn off the ignition of the car, taking my foot off the peddle, and getting out of the car.

I call Sorren and he looks slightly disconcerted to be broken out of his daze. "Can you hold the flashlight?"

He nods, silently, closing his sketchbook and setting it aside as he comes next to me in front of the car, out of Leo's sight.

I hand him the flashlight and he holds it at a angle for the light.

"Talk."

His eyes widen slightly as he glances at me, "What?"

"What happened between you and Leo?" I questioned watching as he nervously glances over at the man in the corner, but there was also a slight irritation.

"Nothing." He denies.

"The hostile tension between you two isn't nothing. I have not heard either one of you talk to each other since we have been here. It has been three hours." I narrow my eyes watching as he looks at the car parts I'm not bothering to work on.

I don't need to. The cars is fixed.

He doesn't say anything, shifting his weight.

"Astryd." I spoke her name quietly so I didn't capture Leo's attention.

So quickly his eyes met mine and his ear and neck grow red. I raise a brow.

"Ivy told me Astryd stopped by last week."

"You and Ivy?"

"She is my girlfriend, but that's not what we are talking about." I get back on topic, "Something happened between you two and I can only assume that it also affects Astryd. I told Ivy I wouldn't interrogate you, and I will not, but what happened?"

"Leo and I had a complicated argument and I want to explain it to Atty, I really do, but I can't nor do I know how to. And Leo is being stubborn and difficult as always and it's annoying and not helping the situation." He sighs and his shoulders drop slightly, he relaxes.

I nod taking the answer and leaving it at that.
Sorren has walls to protect himself, his heart and mind, that's why he's usually quiet around others and large crowds.