34- Bouquet

I gotta hook y'all up on this song cause it just makes my toes curl. Like I would get laid to this song so good!

 Like I would get laid to this song so good!

I went to work today. After almost a week of excused absences I returned back to missed appointments, check ups, and surgeries that were taken care of by another veterinarian.

When I went in today I had get back into a routine that was sorta like muscle memory. I did appointments and check ups, but I spent most of the day preforming a liver lobe torsion surgery on a rabbit and removing a tumor from a dog's left eye that made the eyeball bulge from the eye socket. Poor dog could barely blink with his left eyes.

Unfortunately we had to remove the dog's left eyes, but luckily the dog is recovering along with the rabbit.

Now it's ten at night and I haven't seen my boyfriend since this morning, but he did call me when while I was leaving work, around nine, to tell me he would be working a little late, much to my disappointment.

He sounded stressed and disappointed over the phone so I sent him something in hopes of cheering him up.

I turn the bathtub knob left letting stopping the water from falling out of the faucet and into the already filled tub.

Carter said I could take a bath at his place, even told me where to find the spare keys, but imagine my surprise when I found the tub had a heater and jets. I only plan on using the heater though.

With that new discovery I decided I decided to make a whole spa night. The only thing lighting up the bathroom were scented candles, crystals lined the tub, a playlist plays quietly filling in the silence, my vanilla body wash created suds that floated on the surface of the hot water, and a small tray of red velvet cookies I made on the rim.

My mama would be disappointed if I had forgotten a class of wine with an occasion like this. Luckily, I didn't.

Mama loved her wine. Rosé and Chardonnay are her favorite. She always has a glass in her hand and if she doesn't you'll hear her complaining about not having one.

I tie my curls up so they won't get wet before stripping naked and stepping into the water and a relaxed sigh falls from my lips as my body submerges into the hot water making my skin tingle from the heat.

I reach, grabbing my glass of wine and I take a sip letting the sweet Chardonnay fall onto my tongue before it runs down my throat.

I grab a red velvet cookie taking a bite, and I let out a sound in satisfaction. Life is good.

I rest in the for a small while but most of the bubbles have mostly cleared and most of my wine was gone from the glass and three out of five cookies are still on the tray.

I tense when I hear something moving outside the bathroom but my phone stills my attention when it rings.

I sigh looking at contact number and a small smile comes to my lips, "I'm alright, Mama." This was the third time she called me today and countless times after the hospital checking up on me.