16- Sister

I sigh walking into the coffee shop as the small bell rings above the glass door

I sigh walking into the coffee shop as the small bell rings above the glass door. I glance down at my Spider-Man watch reading the time.

The warm atmosphere was welcoming and the aroma of coffee swarms the air as people chatter with others sipping and eating what they ordered.

I had some extra time before I need to go to work, and I wanted to eat something before I go in.

After waiting in line I get to the counter and order me a banana nut muffin and an apple juice. I understand Carter's addiction to the sweet drink, and I think he might've gotten me hook on the juice.

I pay for my order before the employees goes to warm up my muffin and get my drink.

"Ivy?" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me.

I turn around to see Brandon standing tall in his work attire, a small smile decorates his two tone lips.

I offer him a smile, "Hey, Brandon."

We've bumped into each other every now and then when I would stop by Carter's office, just small talk, and I've observed that Brandon can be a little socially awkward, but in a charmingly cute way.

"Getting coffee before work?" I ask adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I had a few extra minutes before heading to the office, but I'm glad when ran into each other."

"Oh?" My brows raised at his words, but I had to turn away from the conversation when the employee brought me my muffin and apple juice.

"One second, please." Brandon flashes me with a perfect smile before he orders his coffee.

He steps out of line towards me while he waits for his drink, "There this charity event for work tomorrow and if you aren't too busy I was hoping you'd join me as my date. If it's okay with you."

I smiled at how he seemed almost flustered he seemed, "Yeah, it's okay with me, Brandon. Though my sister is visiting this week, I'll be free tomorrow."

His smile widens, "Okay, that's great. I'll send you the rest the information."

"Okay." I nod as the employee calls his name to get his coffee before we bid our goodbyes and head to work.

When I got to the hospital I saw Astryd sitting in the car with Tyson in the front parking lot. I walk to the car knocking on the window.

"Don't tell me you two are hooking up." I exasperate once Tyson rolls the window down.

They both shake their heads in horror, "Of course not! I got a little wasted after work and Ty just let me sleepover, and offered to take me to work this morning." Astryd said, and I believe her.

She skipped makeup today and threw her hair into a messy fan bun, and she seemed low of energy today, but my best friend was still gorgeous.

"Everything okay?" I ask sincerely, my brows furrow.