41- Apartment

When I opened my apartment door I expected Astryd to be lounging on the couch snacking on cashews or something, but the apartment was empty

I close and lock the front door before dropping my bags where I stand.

Carter dropped me off at me off at home so I can unpack and rest from our eventful flight, and though insisted on staying with me I told him to go home and unpack. I'm positive he'll come over when he finishes.

I walk to into my bedroom, and turning my light on. I smile looking over to the glass box that holds the most precious animal in the world.

I open the top of the enclosure, reaching inside, and I cup my hands under her belly before lifting her up.

"Hey, Lola baby." I smile. Her  yellow scales feeling smooth in the palms of my hands as she slithers up my arm, "I missed you." I set her down on my bed so I can change out her water and leave her a snack from the freezer.

I kiss her head before I set her back into her enclosure and I leave to the bathroom to wash the sex off of me.

I tie my hair into a bun after turning the shower on to its hottest setting, and I put on my shower cap before getting in the shower.

The scalding hot water poured down on me, turning my skin red ok contact, and it brought a comforting feeling that made my shoulders drop.

I lather my wash cloth in soap and as I drag down the side of my waist I cross over the handprint where Carter was gripping my hips when he was buried deep inside me on the plane.

Flashbacks of him pinning me down and fucking me into the mattress so hard I couldn't even think straight seeped into mind; my thighs squeeze together at the thought.

I had to quickly finish my shower before I became sexually frustrated by the thoughts shamefully filling my brain.

When I turn off the shower, I get out, and wrap a towel around my body before I go to my room looking for my phone.

I wanted to call Astryd and tell her I was back. I know it only been three days, but I miss my best friend, and I want to see her.

The phone rings, and as I wait for her to pick up I moisturize my body.

"Hello?" Her voice so nods through the phone and my brows furrowed at the tone. She sounded tired and doubtful.

"Astryd, what's wrong?" I asked slipping on my underwear.

She smacks her lips, "Why'd you leave me by myself, Ives? You know you're the rational one between us two."