19- Blush

"You should become a stripper with me

"You should become a stripper with me." Astryd pouts nudging me with her shoulder.

I huff a laugh shaking my head, "I don't think that's for me."

"Come on, Ives. We could even do duet, just us two, on stage shaking ass in cute outfits." She tries to persuade as she locks our arms together.

I furrow my brows together casting her a glance, "We do that when you sleep over, minus the stage." I said.

"True." She nods as we walked into the pharmacy.

We were running a few errands one of them being at the pharmacy store to get my meds, since I ran out of my previous medication.

We get in line, our arms still looped together, as Astryd spoke, "So..." She trails off glancing towards me, "You and Carter..."

I chuckle rolling my eyes at her subtlety, "We're together." I said with uncertainty.

She raises an eyebrow looking down at me from our two inch height difference, "That sounded like a question more than a statement."

"Yeah. I mean he asked me to be with him, but does that mean I'm with him?" I asked my brows furrowing.

"Don't overthink it, Ives. You guys are together." She assured with a smile.

"And what about you and Thing One and Thing Two?" I asked.

She lets out an exaggerated groan as her head tips back, and annoyance and frustration takes over her features, "They're both acting stupid, it's pissing me off, and the worst part is I don't even know what I did wrong so I can fix it."

I shrug before speaking, "Maybe you're not the problem, and you can't fix anything. If they truly care about you they'll get themselves together and reach out to you first. I know it might be difficult since they're a big part of your life, but don't waste your energy on people who won't reciprocate it, it'll only drain you." I advise softly.

"But what if they don't? I don't wanna lose them, but they're making it so hard to hold on." A frown sets on her lips as we move further up the line.

"Then let go." I stated, "Let go and hope they come to their senses. And you don't have to listen to me Atty, but just do what's best for you." I said sincerely.

She nods pursing her lips, "Yeah, you're right."

After waiting in line for a few of more minutes we gotten my medicine we went to back to my apartment where August was in my kitchen cutting peaches into slices as my sister sits on the the kitchen counter.