42- Rain

I'm sorry for ghosting yall. I've been busy with school and work, and frankly I kinda lost my flow with writing and not really inspired nor motivated.

When I open the door to Carter's house with the spare keys he had given me I could hear hurried footsteps accompanied by nails clacking against the dark wooden floor

Bumblebee comes around the corner first full speed, and giving me no time to react when she jumps on me.

I stumble backwards holding onto the excited golden retriever as she barks with her tail swinging ecstatically. I grimace moving my head back when she tries to lick me.

"Bumblebee, down." A swift whistle makes her ears perk before she is back on all fours.

The command is deeply appreciated until I was released from one animal to be in the hold of another.

Carter's arms enclosed around my waist, and he lifts me off the floor as his face burrows in the crook of my neck. I hook my legs around his waist as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Cariño." I laugh as he peppers kisses along my neck, squirming in his hold.

"I missed you." His voice muffled.

"I missed you too." I smile, running my fingers through his dark strands.

He silently starts walking the living room and I gasp when he tosses me on the couch, but not a second later he was laying in between my legs with his head on my chest and hands rubbing up and down my waist.

As much as I enjoy the cuddling session I really had to pee, and his heavy body pressing down on me wasn't helping my bladder.

"Carver, I gotta get up. I gotta pee." I tap his shoulder. I thought he didn't hear me but then he releases an annoyed sigh as he pushes himself off of me, and allowing me to stand up.

"Can I come with you?" He asked.

I laughed lightly, thinking he was joking, but I realized he was serious when he didn't laugh. I shrug, "Sure."

He almost hops off the couch, to which I laugh again at his unusual enthusiasm.

I walk up stairs with the man falling behind, and I feel the fingers of his warm, callous hand interlock with mine.

When we get to his room my fingers slip from his and I walk into the bathroom. I was going to handle my business like we wasn't even here, and I did. After pulling up my pants I let down the lid of the toilet before flushing.