25- Red Lipstick

Hi babes this is to make up for the lack of Carter in the last chapter <3

My feet drags on the floor as I walk into the hospital I was in the process of replying to Carter's text but it seemed useless since he was standing in front of me at the front desk

A lazy smile climbs onto my lips, "You stalking me, Carver?"

He turn towards me and he smiles, "That's a possibility, or I'm bringing Bumblebee to her appointment." I notice the golden retriever at his feet when he holds up the leach.

I close the distance between us pressing a quick kiss on his cheek, "Let me go get Astryd so she can check her in." I give Bumblebee a scratch behind her ear before stepping to walk away.

He catches my waist pulling me back to him with his firm arm locked around my waist, "And maybe I wanted to see you."

I place my hands on his chest looking around the room, "This is a work place which means I need to be professional. You should know this."

"And why is that?"

I step out of his hold, "You're a businessman Carver, or do you go around your office holding everyone you like?"

"Well I don't like everyone the way I like you."

The weak, stern facade I had going quickly crumbled at his words leaving a smile to take over my face.

I was too tired to fight the smile with his eyes watching mine and his hand reaches up to my cheek, his thumb stroking over the blush he caused.

"Still have to limit the affection at work." I swat his hand away as he chuckles.

"But I missed my girlfriend." He smirks stuffing his hands in the pockets of his slacks.

I look at him with wide eyes, "Girlfriend?"

His brows furrow as he nods, "Yes. I recall asking you to be with me."

"Oh, I just thought you didn't—" I stop myself shaking my head, "Never mind."

"Ivy did you not know I was your boyfriend?" He chuckle.

"Um, well, I knew but I didn't know, but I knew." I grimace at my poor answer.

He chuckles, "You didn't know. I'm sorry I should've been more specific. What time do you get off work?"

"Around five. Why?"

"I wanna take you out to eat, on a date, place of your choosing."