33- Boundaries

I hated eating on my bed

I hated eating on my bed. I do not let others eat on my bed. Not Leo. Not Sorren. Not Alessandro. Not even me and it's my bed.

But there she sat leaning against my headboard with a bowl of butter popcorn in her lap as Bumblebee sat beside her. I watch as kernels and crumbs fall into her lap and will inevitably end up a burden in between my sheets when all I need between them is her.

I stood near the bed watching with almost a pained expression as I held a small bowl of sugar she requested, and now I experience the epiphany that I have betrayed myself and my bed sheets.

When I hand her this sugar it will only worsen the disaster occurring in bed.

"What's wrong with your face?" Her beautiful voice pulls me out of thought. Her flamboyant, gorgeous curls fall down her shoulders.

She looked so comfortable and casual sitting in my bed enjoying her movie snack in a cropped shirt that ended just above her torso with dark sweatpants. How could I disturb her?

"Nothing." I shake my head setting the bowl of sugar on the nightstand as I sit next to her on the bed.

She sets the bowl of popcorn aside and she turns her whole body to me, "Talk to me, cariño." She says softly.

Her voice delicate like silk against my ears and sweet like honey on my tongue.

I hated the affect her voice had on me. It made me want to tell all the deepest, darkest secrets I did not have.

"I do not like that you are eating on my bed. I am not a fan of crumbs." I tell her.

She chuckles, "Why didn't you tell me? I could've just sat in your desk chair."

She reaches across me to the bowl of sugar and I catch a whiff of her scent; she smelt warm and sweet like a vanilla candle my mother would light in our house in Sicily.

A sense of comfort hugs me.

Ivy leaves the bed to go to my desk with the bowl of popcorn and she sprinkles the sugar on top of the popcorn. The movement causes Bumblebee to move to the edge of the bed.

I know my girlfriend has a sweet tooth that was active day and night, and adding sugar to popcorn as a way of making something adjacent to kettle popcorn was not shocking.

Now that she was out of my bed, that would no longer be terrorized by popcorn crumbs, she was not close to me and I wanted her close. I want our bodies to pressed up against each other so I can feel her heart beat against mine and every goosebump that raises against her skin.