40- Want

Sometimes I forget how innocent Carter truly is

Sometimes I forget how innocent Carter truly is. He harbors an innocence that makes his eyes wide enough to see the gleam of wonder or curiosity with his brows furrowed, his lips tip into a frown, but my favorite is when they jut into a slight pout.

For example, right now his lips are tipped slightly downwards with his eyes subconsciously wide as he watches his first ever romantic comedy.

We said goodbye to everyone before leaving to go back to California; though my dad tried to bribe into staying into staying at home, but it's not like he made the decision making hard.

"If you stay I'll give you twenty dollars." He said.

"I love you too." I replied, and when Carter and me went to the car he slipped twenty dollars into my hands.

That was an hour before we had gotten on the private plane, now we're cuddled up on a long couch along the the plane wall in the back area, and watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

"I can see you doing something like that." He said as his finer twirls around a strand of my curls.

I glance at the screen, "Like what?"

"Buying us a fern and taking care of it as if it is our child." He chuckles, his eyes glancing from mine to the curl wrapped around his finger.

"It's their love fern, and the how you take care of it and nurture it shows how much you will nurture the relationship." I explain watching as he lightly pulls the the strand, letting go, and watching the hair bounce back into its curl.

"Do you want a love fern?" His eyes meet mine.

"Would you take care of it?"

"I would buy our love fern a greenhouse." Despite his subtle confidence and guarantee I could tell his thoughts were drifting by the drawing of his words.

"What're you thinking about?" I ask and their was a slight shutter in my words as his finger slips from the curl and brushing the the column of my neck.

"You." He answered softly before demanding in the same tone, "Come closer."

I raise a brow in question. I'm already curled into his side my head resting against his shoulder with his arm wrapped around mine.

His brows furrowed in confusion before they relax and a proud gleam flashes across his golden eyes, "May you come closer please?" He rearranges his words and I realized he thinks I'm telling him to correct himself.

"Cariño, I'm practically digging into your side, I don't think I can get any closer than this." I chuckle at the displeasure clear on his face.

He sighs running a stress hand over his face, "I know. I have been holding off on any major public display of affection in front of your family, and I need to touch you."