18- Twenty-Three Six

Carter Moretti was kissing me

My shoulders were tense as his lips were pressed against mine and both his hands strongly cupsmy jaw, stealing the air from my lungs.

My hands take ahold of his wrist to remove myself from his touch. That was the plan, but my body had a mind of its own as I melt into the kiss, into him.

My body was flushed against his and I wrap my arms around his neck as his arm wraps around my waist. I hear my heartbeat echo in my ears as a blanket of warmth encompasses my body.

His touch lit a spark that had my whole body at his will, and I was at peace with the fact.

His fingers thread into my curls, leaving goosebumps as evidence of his touch on my skin, as my back hits the wall and a gasp breaks from my lips.

"Carter." I said breathlessly against his lips as our heavy breathing mingles, and he rest his forehead against mine, "What're you doing?"

His lips graze mine as the tip of his nose skims my cheek and he places a feather like kiss on my jaw, then he moved a little lower to my neck.

"I want you, Ivy. I crave you every second of everyday and no matter how much I try to deny it or despise you for it. What I crave is unwilling and doesn't require my consent." He spoke lowly but every word that fell off his tongue, escaping the seams of his lips, were filled with such a passion it could rise the tides of many oceans.

"Carter you already know I—" I stop my sentence when I hear heels clicking against the marble floors of the hallway.

We both went still as the foot steps had gotten closer, and Devin comes around the corner looking at a compact mirror and dabbing the side of her neck with a beauty blender.

I step out of Carter's hold, despite his arm tightening around my waist, as embarrassment seeps into me. Carter and I stood side by side with our chest heaving and both our lips smeared with my red lipstick.

My lips felt buzzed, as if they were drunk on need and want, needing to meet half way with his for the sobriety they bring.

Devin's steps come to a stop when she finally sees us and closes her compact mirror before that and her beauty blender in me small purse.

A bright smile climbs onto her lips as she walks closer, "Is this her!?" The excitement in her voice echoed throughout the elegant walls of the hallway.

Devin pushes Carter to the side, enlarging the space between us, and taking his spot beside me as she throws her arm over my shoulder.

"You have excellent taste, she's one of the best humans on Earth." She gushes before continuing, "And I'm sorry I interrupted y'all make out session, I had got lost looking for the bathroom." She apologizes.

She removes her arm from around me slowly walking away as she talks, "But I'mma let y'all get back to what you were doing." She smiles cheekily before disappearing around a corner.