⚠️mr blue - yoonkook

"wouldn't it be funny if tonight was the last time we ever spoke to each other?"

or

the last conversation jungkook and yoongi ever have.

tw / suicide

notes : alternate universe were jungkook is a total scumbag. nobody cares if he lives or dies. he's a lost cause.

(non bts universe)

x

"hey. i thought you'd be up here." jungkook states as he sits down next to yoongi on the roof. yoongi takes a long drag of his cigarette. he doesn't say a word to the other, he just takes another fag out the packet and holds it out. they sit in silence for a few minutes, breathing in  the smoke. after stubbing out his cigarette, it's yoongi who speaks first.

"i thought you were dead."

jungkook sighed. he knew this was coming - see the last time they saw each other, jungkook said he was going to kill himself. he told everyone that it was his final day on earth and that they would never see him again. yoongi had long since come to terms with the younger's "passing."

jungkook chuckled. for some reason, this angered yoongi. he clenched his firsts and took a deep breath. he looked jungkook dead in the eyes. he looks tired. and high.

"why aren't you dead?"

jungkook lets the question sit in the air for a moment. he doesn't speak - but not in a "im thinking about my answer" way, more in a "think about what you just said to me" way. they look away from each other.

"did you want me to kill myself?"

kind of.
if truth be told, life was better without jungkook in it. that kid was bad news. yoongi rolled his eyes.

"of course not, dumbass. but when you tell people you're gonna kill yourself - it kinda gives off the vibe that you're gonna kill yourself. and then you disappeared for three months. and now you're here. on the roof of my apartment complex, for some reason"

"i used to live here too."

"used to. you haven't for years. and ... i think it's better for both of us that way."

it's definitely been better for yoongi, but from what he's heard - it's been a hell of a lot worse for kook. he had a brief spell being homeless, relapsed and now takes drugs again - and then of course ... taehyung dying. rough.

"my mum died."

shit. for a second, yoongi feels bad. but he shakes it off. jungkook doesn't deserve pity.

no one speaks for at least two minutes. yoongi can see jungkook's bleary red eyes looking to the sky. he always loved stargazing.

"i'm sorry. for everything."

"no you're not."

it's the same four words that yoongi has heard time and time again. jungkook says he's sorry, and then goes and does every single thing he's "sorry" for again. he's a lost cause - and it's good that they're not in each other's lives anymore. it's good that they don't see each other anymore. it's good.

"so...are you still with hoseok?"

"we arent friends, jungkook. don't act so casual. my life is none of your business."

"right. sorry."

yoongi rolls his eyes again.

"i just came to tell you that - i'm moving. to new york."

as much as he dislikes it, this does grasp yoongi's attention, making him want to question the younger boy. he frowns.

"what's in new york?"