⚠️i still dream of him - jinkook

-parents jinkook
-death
-angst

me doing jinkook? shock.

x

"he didn't make it"

"we lost him"

"he's gone."

"we couldn't save him."

"he's dead."

however you put it, they all mean the same thing.

it's been six months since jin and jungkook lost their nine year old son. it was one of those dreadful freak accidents that everyone within a hundred miles of you hears about.

jungkook was sitting in his office, peacefully typing away on his laptop, when his phone rang.

his entire world flipped upside down when he was informed that his son was in a critical condition in hospital.

he has so many questions.

"what happened to him?"

"will he be okay?"

"does jin know?"

but no words came out.

he just hung up the phone and dashed to the hospital. he sped his way there and jumped out the car.

"i'm looking for my son. kim soobin? h-he-"

"hi baby." he heard a soft voice coming from behind him say, he turned around to see his husband and a doctor. the doctor was sporting a somber expression and it was obvious that jin had been crying.

"h-hyung? is soobinie o-"

"sit down please, mr kim." the doctor advised, jungkook looked into jin's eyes and the older broke once again.

jungkook's bottom lip quivered and he reached out to jin, the older just cried harder and was ushered into a separate room by a nurse.

"mr kim, your son soobin was involved in an accident at school today. during lunch time, he left the school grounds to retrieve a football. however, he ran out into the road. at approximately 1:17pm today, soobin was struck by a lorry.

and at 1:39, he was pronounced dead due to his injuries. we did everything we could, but we were unable to save him.

we're all extremely sorry for your loss and will provide you with free therapy sessions whenever you feel ready. we respect that you will be in shock and we want you to know that you can take as long as you need."

with that, the doctor stood up and left, but he soon returned with jin. "i'll leave you two here for a while, just press that buzzer if you need anything." the doctor then clicked the door shut, leaving the two mourning parents in the room.

"jungkook?" jin said, wiping his eyes in order to see his husband. jungkook wasn't crying. he was shaking slightly and was extremely pale. all of a sudden, the younger stood up and dashed to the nearest bin, expelling all he had consumed in the last day.

jin approached him slowly and rubbed his back, jungkook soon snapped out of his trance, and broke down into sobs.

"h-h-he's gone. he's gone!" jungkook cried, jin pulled him into his chest and the two sobbed together.

"this isn't happening. it can't be. what do we do now hyung? o-oh my god." he wailed. jin held jungkook even tighter.

"i'm sorry baby, i-i don't know what to say." jin sniffed, jungkook nuzzled deeper and the two stayed silent, minus the crying and heavy breathing.