307 - bts x jk

you may or may not know i'm dyslexic af and i also have dyscalculia. i didn't actually know dyscalculia was a thing when i wrote this hence why look has dyslexia. anyways this story is crap and then hyungs are low-key assholes.

enjoy boys x

x

jungkook was failing maths, and he knew it.
his teacher had a word with him after class and said if he didn't get at least a B in his next assessment , he would have to move down a set. with his maths grades averaging at a low C, things weren't exactly looking good for him.

x

when jungkook arrived home, his three eldest hyungs were waiting for him in the dining room after jin got a phone call from jungkook's councillor." jungkook-ah, come and sit down please" hobi said, his tone reminded him of "dance teacher hoseok" who was very strict. and quite scary too.

"we've just gotten a call from your school, and we've found out that you're failing maths class. do you know why that could be?" jin asked softly. this calmed him down a little. he took a deep breath and tried his best to explain.
"i don't know. well, i do - but i don't know why it happens. you see, the numbers just don't go inside my head. i look at them and then the next second one forgotten what i looked at. its like my brain is allergic to numbers." jungkook states, looking up at the hyung line. they stare at him. yoongi clears his throat to speak, his jaw clenches ever so slightly and jungkook knows that's not a good sign. "you have a test coming up, in two weeks. correct?"

jungkook nods, swallowing thickly.

"then that's how long you have to start paying attention. okay? if you fail this one then there will be consequences."

the hyungs walk away from the table. yoongi pats him on the back as he exits the room. jungkook pulls his maths book out of his bag and blinks away the tears as he stares at the gibberish that is "pythagoras' theorem"

x

jungkook really had been trying, but something wasn't right. why can't he remember anything? is it normal for numbers and letters to jumble up? is it normal for the numbers to look like they're falling off the page? and why was revising so hard? - he was doing at least two hours of work a day and he had still made no progress! the test was in three days - and he had little to no hope.

jungkook lay awake, contemplating weather or not to tell anyone. he googled his symptoms and found out he might have something called dyslexia, which is a learning difficulty.

he didn't want to bother anyone - but he didn't want to suffer alone. plus he'd probably get in more trouble if he didn't tell somebody.

jungkook decided to go and find bangtan's best listener - who is of course, jimin.

he just needed someone to talk to - without being judged or lectured.

x

"i think you're right, sounds like you are dyslexic." jimin sighed, closing the laptop.
jungkook pouted. could it be true? he didn't want to be dyslexic - it was embarrassing. does this mean he is going to have the mathematical skills of a seven year old for the rest of his life? he was supposed to be the perfect one - how can he be perfect if he can't even read numbers properly?

"jungkookie, i know you're frustrated but it's out with our control. this is something that cannot be helped, okay?"
jimin said softly, running his fingers through jungkook's long hair.
jungkook blinked and rubbed his eyes - feeling a lump start to form in his throat.

"i know hyung, it's just not what i wanted to hear." he choked out. "please don't tell the hyungs."

jimin looked taken a back. "why not?"