speed up, slow down, pass out - btsxjjk

"fluffy but make it sad" - me

(inspired by the first few episodes of break the silence)

x

'god it's hot in here' thought jungkook as he entered the stadium, they were seven months into their world tour and it had just hit peak summer time. it was around thirty six degrees in spain and the humidity was making everyone crabby and uncomfortable.

this was their fourth night preforming with no breaks. all seven of them were struggling but part of professionalism is pacing yourself - they all knew there limits and knew not to go too far...apart from jungkook.

if they were only doing one or two nights in a row it was usually okay - the maknae was extremely fit and had lots of stamina which meant he could push himself until his whole body ached and be fine by the next show. however when he had the same draining routine and no breaks it becomes difficult for him to function.

he gets into the dressing room and removes his hoodie, leaving him dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. he slips his shoes back on and heads to the tech room to get mic'ed up. once stood on stage he felt the sun beating down, straining his vision. yoongi noticed him struggling and placed a cap on his head.

they warmed up and did sound check with only a few minor issues. everyone could tell that the heat was adding to the exhaustion and brining down the general mood of the group.

once backstage again, the seven members lay down on a stretch of mats and fell asleep - they drifted off pretty quickly, used to having to sleep in during the day.

he was being spooned by jin and had his face tucked into hoseok's back, despite the warmth outside, their company wasn't uncomfortable - it was actually pretty enjoyable to be spending some wholesome, relaxing time with the rest of the members.

his well deserved rest was short lived as soon he felt his face being tapped lightly, he awoke to see a staff member stood above him. "sorry for waking you jungkookie but we have a boxing trainer in if you want to have a go." he informed. jungkook hadn't boxed in a few days and knew he should get back to it.

he slowly tried to wriggle out of jin's hold without waking him - but much to his dismay his eldest hyung stirred and eventually opened his eyes. "jungkookie, where are you going?" he asked, voice deep and raspy from sleep.

"i'm going to box for a while hyung i won't be long." he said, standing up and cracking his neck.

jin sighed and rolled over, trying not to bump into taehyung. "well don't be long okay? and don't work too hard - please."

"hyung i-"

"jungkook"

"i won't work too hard, i promise."

x

after a whole hour of boxing, jungkook went for a shower.

he felt really lightheaded and it was freaking him out - the last thing he needed was to pass out today.

he got changed and stumbled through to the dressing room, collapsing onto a couch and gasping.

"hobi hyung, could you grab me some water? i feel funny." he slurred, hoseok and jimin turned around, instantly concerned.

he walked over with a water bottle and handed it to the younger, jungkook's hands shook as he fumbled with the lid. jimin took it off him and opened it before bringing the bottle to his lips.

hoseok put the back of his hand on jungkook's sweaty forehead and gasped. "kook, you're burning."

jungkook shook it off. "i just came out the shower, i'm fine." he said weakly.