⚠️he's my boy - 10k special

-parent jungkook
-child jae/jaehyun (age 9)
- angst
-mild self harm
-request from rerrculus ily bby

"jaehyunie! you're going to be late for school!"

jungkook waited around twenty seconds before sighing and walking up the stairs to his son's bedroom.

"jae, you need to-"

"d-dad i don't feel well, i don't want to go to school today" he whined, sinking down further into his sheets.

jungkook contemplated what he should do for a second - before just giving in.

"alright fine, but i need to go into work - i'll call uncle jin and hoseok to look after you ok?"

jae's heart broke inside, he really just wanted to stay off so he could have time with his dad - but his work came first, as usual.

jungkook walked back downstairs and picked up his phone, clicking on his older brothers contact and pressing the call button.

his brother was always happy to help him out with jae. him and his husband hoseok had a child, but he sadly passed away three years ago. so they spend all the time they can with jaehyun.

"hello kook! how are you?" his brother asked, cheerfully.

"uh i'm good, but i need your help"

"sure, what's up?"

"jaehyun's not feeling well and can't go to school - but i really can't miss work. could you come over and watch him for me just until i get back?"

"sure thing, we'll be over in 5"

"thanks hyung, you're the best"

jungkook hung up the phone and proceeded to head up the stairs again.

"uncle will be here in five minutes. i'll see you when i'm home big boy, i love you" he said hurriedly, bending down to kiss his forehead.

but before jae could tell him be loved him back, he was out the room and off to work. leaving jae alone.

x

jin and hoseok let themselves in the house and walked through to jae's playroom / gaming room, expecting the young boy to be watching tv or playing a game - but the room was empty.

they checked the living room and the kitchen, before calling out

"jae bear! uncles are here!"

they didn't get a reply, but they heard soft crying coming from jae's bedroom.

"oh dear, poor boy." said hoseok, almost jogging up the stairs to the child's bedroom.

he pushed the door open gently and saw jae sat on his bed, tears streaming, clutching his favourite stuffed animal. (a shiba inu plushie named 'toaster')

"oh honey, what's wrong hmm?"

"j-just don't feel well, uncle h-hoseok. sore head n stuff" he sniffed, he felt bad for lying.

"how about we take you downstairs, i can't take care of you if you're up here" he said, before whisking the other up and throwing him (gently) over his shoulder - making the younger burst into a fit of giggles.

he carefully took him into the living room and plopped him down on the couch next to jin, who smiled at the giggling boy.

"awww there's my happy boy, what to you want to watch?"

x

jungkook returned home at around 3pm, which cheered jae up a little bit.

he bid his goodbyes to his uncles and thanked them for looking after him, before turning to look at his dad.