⚠️so far away - part two

-homophobia
-violence

please read part one first ! ! v important

-seven months later-

"dads! we're home!" jungkook yelled as he entered the house with taehyung. the pair had been dating for a little over six months and life seemed to be going perfect. the two teens smiled as they greeted the younger's parents.

"hey boys! how was the movie?" yoongi asked, looking up from the papers he was grading.

"meh it was okay, i wasn't really paying attention... jungkook was so much more interesting." tae smirked, making the younger go red. the parents laughed and began to tidy up the table. hoseok came back in with his shoes on and placed a hat on his husband's head.

"where are you going?" jungkook questioned, grabbing two drinks from the fridge. "we're just going to head round to the shops, you guys need anything?" hoseok asked, already on his way out the door. "i actually need some more toothpaste, and ... frozen mozzarella sticks." jungkook stated, taehyung chuckled. "essentials."

"then we'll be off! you boys okay on your own?"

they shared a look before giggling. "we'll be fine, i'll take great care of him."

"hyung!"

hoseok and yoongi glanced at each other "let's get out of here" yoongi stated, hoseok just nodded.

"bye!" teahyung yelled after them, before grabbing jungkook's wrist and pulling him up the stairs.

x

"my hands are cold". yoongi whined, hoseok looked at him fondly. he took the others hand and squeezed it gently. "you're so not subtle"

the pair walked hand in hand down the relativity dark street. it was a saturday night and the noise from the nearby pub was practically deafening. "i was just thinking..." began the younger.

"hmm?"

"think of how much good teahyung has done for kook." hoseok stated, looking at yoongi's rosy cheeks.

"he's amazing, before they met jungkook wouldn't talk to anyone that wasn't us - now he's in a whole group of friends. and don't get me started on his confidence and happiness now, i love it."

"gosh i know! did i tell you he asked to practice makeup on me the other day? he says he needs to get better at it before he can wear it out."

"did you let him?"

"of course i did, and i think i looked rather gorgeous." hoseok giggled, yoongi flashed him gummy smile.

they walked for a few more minutes when a three men in their thirties stumbled up to them - obviously drunk.

hoseok gripped yoongi's hands a little tighter, his nerves seeping into his crooked smile.

"what do we have 'ere? couple of q*eers?" the tallest man slurred, his face right up against yoongi's. both men stiffened at the word, they realised that these men were something they were all too familiar with : homophobic.

yoongi opened his mouth to talk, when a fist collided with his jaw - sending him tumbling backwards.

"yoongi!" hoseok screamed, covering his mouth in shock.

one of the other men grabbed hoseok's collar and pulled him close to his face - he could smell the alcohol and cigarettes on his breath. hoseok closed his eyes, expecting a punch.

"you're disgusting, you know that right? you make me sick! fucking f*gs." he spat, before shoving hoseok back into a wall.

hobi fell with so much force that he slammed his head against the bricks. he slid down the wall and began sobbing.