a day in the life - btsxjjk

hi everyone !!
this took me so long to write bc i have been having horrible sensory overloads and not been sleeping well, sorry about that :(

tomorrow (july 30th) is my birthday ! how fun

anyways enjoy this fluff bc i love soft bts so much 🥺

x

jungkook slowly awoke early on saturday morning. he sat up slowly and cracked his neck before reaching and grabbing his phone.

great, five am. he sighed and lay back down, knowing that he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. today and tomorrow were the only two days off that the group would be getting for at least a month. he thought they all wanted to sleep in until long passed ten today - meaning jungkook would be all alone, for hours...

he rolled over and scanned his room, looking for something to keep him entertained. he didn't feel like starting his playstation up or watching netflix - maybe he could go for a run? nah, it's his one of his only days off from exercise - the entire point is to rest.

he rolled over and saw a book left on his bedside cabinet. it was one he started months ago but just hasn't had the time to finish it, he probably had about six chapters left and he wasn't a very fast reader - sometimes he had to go back and read pages again because he couldn't absorb the words - but he liked reading, when he could find time for it.

now seemed perfect. it was a calm morning and he had nothing better to be doing, he picked it up began reading quietly to himself.

x

jungkook shut the book after a few hours and smiled. he finally finished it! he rarely ever got to finish books unless they were for school, so he felt proud of himself in that moment. he looked over and saw the time once more - 9:08 am.

he began to hear showers turning on and coffee pots brewing - he got up and stretched again, knowing that he wouldn't be bored with the rest of the members. he pushed on his sliders (their floors are unbearably cold in the morning) and headed out into the kitchen.

"morning kook." jin smiled at him, jungkook smiled back and sat down at their breakfast bar, looking up at jin with his big eyes.

"you okay?" he tilted jungkook's face up and saw the dark circles under the younger's eyes. "still not sleeping well?"

jungkook nodded sleepily into jin's hand and yawned. "i woke up at five this morning but i didn't get to sleep until passed one." seokjin sighed sadly, jungkook perked up a little and chirped "oh hyung guess what?"

jin smiled at the sudden enthusiasm "what, kookie?"

"i finished a book this morning! it was great, it's the one that joonie hyung gave me." he said whilst grinning - secretly longing for praise.

"that's brilliant jungkook, good job! you'll have to let me read it some time." he patted his head lightly and turned back around, he was cooking something, jungkook couldn't really tell what is was but it looked nice anyway.

jungkook looked up as namjoon's door opened, revealing the leader dressed in slacks and a white shirt. he was carrying a tie whilst simultaneously pulling up a pair of black socks.

"hyung? can you tie this?" he asked, stumbling into the kitchen. jungkook nearly choked. jin tied up the tie and smoothed his collar out, smiling fondly.

before jungkook could question anything, hoseok and jimin came out of their room, wearing similar clothes to namjoon.

"what's going on? what's happening?" jungkook asked, visibility confused.