first fight - yoonkook

jungkook is fourteen - this is set before tae and and jimin moved into the dorms so it's just jungkook and the hyung line. it's mostly yoonkook but all four hyungs will feature pretty heavily in this one, hope you enjoy!

---

jungkook stood in front of the bathroom mirror, observing his body closely. since moving to seoul five months ago he has lost a lot of weight. he had dropped to one meal a day and the constant exercise didn't help his case either. he was exhausted - all of his friends from back home were on their summer holiday's right now while he worked his ass off day in and day out.

it was lonely. he missed his parents and his big brother, he even missed his friends - and they weren't even close in the first place! he just couldn't help but long to be back in busan. back in his house, back in his school, back in his life.

but it's not like he lost everything, he gained four hyungs. they were really cool and all super talented. at first he worried that they would shut him out because of the age difference, but to his surprise, they took him in and protected him.

despite their kindness, he was terrified of upsetting or angering them. everything he did he second guessed and thought about what the hyungs would think. they were always on his mind and it was...exhausting.

even after five months they hadn't had a single fight. he knew it would happen eventually. the other four fought a lot, and after each one somebody (usually jin) would tell him that it's normal and nothing to be worried about - the hyungs are fine and the group will be fine. jungkook just worries too much.

x

"jungkook! you used all the hot water! how the hell am i supposed to shower now?!" yoongi yelled from the bathroom, making the maknae freeze in the living room. the shower went off and a soaking wet and very unamused yoongi appeared from the bathroom, having clearly just shoved on a hoodie and some sweatpants.

jungkook looked up at hoseok, silently begging that the older would take his side - just for him to put his head down and walk away, leaving only jungkook and yoongi in the room.

"well? don't feel like answering me today?" he jeered. standing above the maknae, taking status - making him feel small. jungkook didn't like it, he felt small enough in this house!

"i'm sorry hyung i-i didn't even reali-"

"hah! of course you didn't realise! selfish brat." he scoffed, starting to walk away.

"h-how does that make me selfish?! i'm usually always last to shower, i get the cold water every d-damn morning!" the maknae yelled, attempting to look tall.

"don't you dare talk back to me! just accept that you're wrong and shut the hell up" he said through gritted teeth. his anger got the best of him and he shoved the maknae against the wall, hard.

"that's enough, hyung." namjoon intervened. hoseok and jin followed behind. namjoon lead yoongi away leaving the other three stood still and silent.

"go lay down, jungkook ah."

x

four hours later and nobody hade came into the bedroom. he just lay there, face down in his pillow and sobbed until his head hurt.

alone and afraid, he rolled over and picked up his phone.

"e-eomma?" he stuttered.

"kook? you okay?" she asked, concerned. she didn't get to speak to her youngest son much anymore, he was always too busy practicing. she worried about him constantly - living two hundred miles away from home, being lonely and overworked. honestly, she was surprised the youngest hadn't given up and come home yet.