⚠️bad things happen to good people - jinkook

this is a request

i warn you this is a very sensitive topic for lots of people - and very thankfully it hasn't really effected me yet but i have seen how much it harms people.

in this fic, as requested - jin will have cancer, and it won't be a very happy ending.

if you feel like you won't be able to read this then please don't - i won't be offended. i don't write to hurt people.

jinkook are brothers in this - it's totally platonic obviously.

anyway, thank you so much for all the love (15k!)

love, ellie 💘💘

x

jungkook's house was never quiet - despite not having many inhabitants.

there was :
jungkook, age 15
his lively twin brothers jin and hoseok , age 17
and his dad, 44 year old wooseung.

they also had a cat, who would laze around the house and bring them mice from time to time.

jungkook really liked his life to be honest, he was really close with his brothers and his dad was the nicest person he'd ever met.

he also has two best friends who he adored,  and to top it off he did well in school.

he was lucky, many people would think jungkook had a perfect life.

but things can never go perfectly, bad things happen to everyone. but some people's bad things are more than just a minor inconvenience.

jin was just a bit sick, that's totally normal. he had been feeling a bit off for a few days. headaches, nausea and some sore muscles here and there but it really wasn't too much to worry about in the beginning. but as the days went on and he was feeling worse, wooseung decided it would be best if he made jin a doctors appointment.

"dad, i can go to the doctors myself, i'm seventeen now you know?" jin said, looking rather groggily after having just woke up.

"well, hoseok still wants me to come with him" his father protested, looking at the thin, red haired boy who was sat eating his breakfast at the kitchen table.

"dad! that was a secret!" hoseok whisper yelled, going bright red.

jin just laughed, shaking his head slightly, until he noticed the obvious lack of jungkook in the room.

right on que, the youngest brother walked into the kitchen, grabbed his school bag and headed towards the front hall, but his collar was gently grabbed by his eldest hyung before he could escape.

"jungkook, come back and get some breakfast, you need to eat." he said, gently.

jungkook turned to see his eldest brother's sunken eyes. "hyung i'm going to miss by bussss" he whined, trying to wiggle himself free from his hyung's grip.

"i'll drive you, i'm already driving the idiot that woke up late" he tutted, playfully glaring at his brother, who came in the room - now dressed and walking over to a mirror to fix his hair.

"come on, eat your cereal or you will be late."

x

jin sat in the doctors office with his dad and bounced his leg nervously. he got bloods taken a few days previously and had been called in to discuss the results - they said he couldn't be told over the phone. which was not a good sign.

his dad looked at him with worried eyes. "it's probably nothing jin, don't be scared." he said gently, but the fear was evident in his voice. he put his hand on his son's bouncing knee. jin didn't reply, he just focused on not accidentally throwing his breakfast up because of his anxiety.