halloween - hopekook

blood / knives mentioned

x

it was finally halloween, and for days jungkook had begged all the hyungs to carve pumpkins with him, however everyone as always, seemed busy. jungkook pouted - which was enough to persuade hosoek to cancel his plans.

"i can carve pumpkins with you jungkook. im not all that busy this afternoon." the elder smiled, watching jungkook's face light up with happiness.

"yay! thank you hyung!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms around the rapper. hoseok just smiled, pulling his phone out to sheepishly call off solo dance practice.

x

"you'll be okay yeah?"

"hyung, i'm fine" jungkook whined. jin always treated him like a baby.

"you two be careful okay? hoseok, call me if anything goes wrong" jin said in his usual stern tone.

"yes hyung, i will" hobi said, giving his signature heart shaped smile.

with that, jin gave both his younger brothers a hug, and left the house. leaving just the two pumpkin carvers to get to work.

"so, what are you gonna carve?" jungkook asked, picking up a black sharpie from the kitchen table.

"hmm i'm not sure, i'm not that good at these kinds of things. maybe just a face. or i'll write 'bts'. that could be cool."

jungkook then gave hoseok a detailed description of the design he was going to do, he was smiling from ear to ear while explaining. halloween was one of the best times of year, but unfortunately with busy idol life a lot of the celebrations fall through the cracks. so even getting to do one activity was delightful for the spirited maknae.

"that sounds complicated kook, are you sure you'll be able to do it?"

"yes hyung! i'll be fine"

hoseok just nodded and the two got to work on scooping out the innards. gross.

x

jungkook was almost finished his pumpkin. he was just adding some finishing touches now, he was so fixated on perfecting his masterpiece that he didn't notice hoseok step away to go to the bathroom.

the 94 liner was just washing up his hands, when he heard a shaky "h-hyung!" come from the kitchen.

his eyes widened, quickly realising what happened.

hoseok ran into the kitchen and looked at jungkook's face. he was pale. he looked at his hyung with a stunned expression on his face. his mouth hung open and eyes glazed over. shit.

then hoseok cast his eyes down to the younger's hands, where he saw blood. and lots of it.

"oh shit, kook let's go get you cleaned up"

"no no no hyung no!" jungkook yelled, trying to back away from him. he knew that he'd have to use antiseptic - and that hurt like a bitch.

"come on kook, we have to clean it so it doesn't get infected. it will be over before you know it."

jungkook looked back down at his hands.

"jungkook, are you okay?" hoseok panicked.

"hyung, don't like the blood. too much."

hoseok remembered that the younger had a fear of blood. they found out when jungkook cut his leg open while shaving and fainted in the shower. that wasn't a fun day.

"okay uh, sit down and close your eyes, hyung will clean the blood okay?"

jungkook nodded, eyes squeezed shut.

x

"come lay with me hyung, i've had a traumatic day"  jungkook whined.

hoseok scoffed, but climbed into jungkook's bed anyway.

they both got scolded by jin, the usual "be more careful, pay more attention" bla bla bla. jin's rant ended by pulling the maknae in for a tight hug, and peppering kisses over his face and neck - making jungkook go bring red.

"i'm sorry i ruined your halloween, hyung"

"it's halloween. the one day of the year where you're allowed to scare me. maybe next time just don't use real blood." the pair laughed. they were interrupted when yoongi gently pushed the door open, holding a bag of sweets.

"happy halloween, sorry about your finger kooks"

jungkook smiled. he thanked yoongi and took the bag, struggling to open it with only one working hand. hoseok took them off him and put them on jungkook's beside cabinet. "we'll eat them tomorrow. we've already brushed our teeth." he gently scolded.

yoongi chuckled, then turned out the light, and quietly left the room.

"happy halloween, koo." hoseok whispered.

but jungkook was already asleep.

-end-

720 words

originally written 31/10/19
rewritten 27/2/23

i have a headache i need sleep