⚠️by your side - jinkook

this is a very sensitive topic for some people, it is about seokjin enlisting.
if you don't think you can handle this - please don't read. i don't want to upset anyone.
if you think you will be fine, enjoy the chapter 💘

x

jungkook woke up with a start.
that dream again?

almost every night now, jungkook dreamt about seokjin enlisting in the military. it's the exact same dream every time.
it starts by jin saying he has to go, this is met with lots of tears from all the members.
then he actually has to leave...which causes ever more crying to occur - not fun in any way.

and it's been the exact same since he started having this dream, a few years ago during promotions for blood sweat and tears.

but after he had it, he would always crawl into jin's bed - and without fail, he would comfort him by saying "hyung's not leaving you kookie, not ever"

so jungkook relax again, he had his beloved hyung. for good.

for good.

x

march 2020.

"you can't be serious!" jin cried, looking his manager dead in the eyes, standing over the man - who was sitting at a desk.

"i'm sorry seokjin-ah, there's nothing we can do. you know it's mandatory buddy."

"you will be sent off to the military on march 22nd, that gives you two weeks. you can go home now jin"

"but sir please! what about the othe-"

"take him home" he said, to a nearby staff member, "he's in no state to drive"

"take five jin, i'll meet you in the car"

x

-hyungs gc- (everyone minus jk)

jin 💘 : hey everyone, i need to speak to you all tonight.

jimin 💕 : we haven't spoken on this chat since jungkook was 19! everything alright hyung?

jin 💘 : please, just wait until tonight

hoseok 🤪 : okay hyung~~

namjoon 😴 : 👍

seen by : yoongi😾, tae⚡️, hoseok🤪, jin💘, jimin💕

x

jin took a deep breath before knocking on yoongi's bedroom door.
his bedroom was on the third floor, away from the other bedrooms (minus jungkook's but he never slept there anymore) so jin knew no one would hear them there.

"yoongi! it's me, can i come in?"

there was some shuffling about before yoongi yelled back "yeah, but shut the door when you come in"

jin have a sad smile, he'd miss yoongi. he'd miss all of them.

"what did you need to talk to me about hyung?"

there was silence, and then a tear fell from the eldest's eye.

"hyung?"

x

jin held yoongi tight, as both boys cried together.

"hyung, how will we manage without you?"

"you'll be fine honey, i promise"

"but i need you to do something for me yoong...

...tonight, i need you to take jungkook out and distract him. i need to think of a way to tell him."