3am - hopejinkook

emetophobia warning

for some reason jin and hoseok share a room lolol

x

jin stirred in his sleep, being disturbed by a commotion in his and hobi's en suite bathroom. he was just going to ignore it and and go back to sleep, but then he heard a whine and then the sound of gagging. only then did he realise that he was laying in his large bed by himself. usually jungkook curled up and slept with him. the eldest would always complain and pretend he didn't like it, but in actual fact he enjoyed jungkook's company.

another pitiful wretch snapped jin out of his trance, and he realized he should probably check on his youngest. he stood up and walked over to the bathroom, before pulling the door open, he glanced over to hoseok's bed and saw him still sleeping soundly, chest gently moving up and down. he lightly pushed the door. t was unlocked so it just swung right oepn, and what he saw broke his heart. his baby with drool on his chin, leaning over the toilet with some vomit on his shirt - the poor thing looked miserable. when jungkook turned to face jin the latter noticed that he had tears in his eyes. jin just wanted to scoop him up.

"hey kookie, you done?" jin said, crouching down to rub his back
"don't think so." jungkook choked out, before coughing up another mouthful of stomach acid.

"poor boy. do you want to take your shirt off? wet clothes might make you even sicker."

jungkook nodded, and raised his arms - allowing jin to slide the dark green shirt off his shaking form.

"kookie, i need to go get you water and some meds, are you alright by yourself?"
jungkook whined and shook his head. he weakly grabbed onto jin's shirt. "i don't want to be alone hyung. 'm too sick" he said feebly. jin couldn't leave him like this.

"shall i go wake hobi up to sit with you?"

x

hoseok walked into the bathroom holding one of his hoodies for their youngest to wear.

"is our maknae feeling sick hmm?"

jungkook didn't reply, he just motioned for hobi to sit down, then climbing on his lap.
after two minutes of comforting words and hair pats - jin returned with some water and two small pills. it took some encouragement, but jungkook did manage to drink some water and take the medicine.

x

they sat on the bathroom floor for another ten minutes before jungkook nodded back off to sleep. hoseok scooped him up and carried him bridal style back to jin's bed and gently laid him down.
"goodnight koo" he whispered, before bending down to kiss his forehead.

"goodnight hobi, thanks for your help" jin said, patting hobi's lower back lightly.

"no problem, night hyung" he said with a smile, while walking over to his own bed.
jin climbed in next to jungkook and wrapped his arms round his sleeping younger brother.

with any luck, the medicine would work and he would be feeling better in the morning.

-end-

ig this one is kinda cute

originally written sometime in october 2019
rewritten 24/2/23
530 words