i'm just a kid - hopekook

A.N :

hello everyone! it's been a while.

few things i wanna cover before i get into the oneshot...

number one - as you probably guessed by me disappearing for a while, my dog died. it hurt me so much but i know she is at peace now ✨

number two - i hit 100k?:?3£829/&;&28823

seriously, that means the absolute world to me and i am so, so thankful for everyone. this is a dream come true for me and it's all before of my beautiful readers! (i'm still planning on going sumn special for 100k, just give me some more time x)

number three - life has been really challenging and overwhelming recently. i've not really spoken about this to anyone but i feel like saying it (for people who are also feeling like this) my head is so messed up and i can barely think straight. i'm in a different kinda pain and it's suffocating - i know it's just a slump and i'll feel better soon but it's tough. thank you for sticking with me during all this. it means a lot.

anyway - on with this (very messy, but relatable) oneshot !

(small warning, brief mention of suicidal thoughts)
hoseok - 22
jungkook - 16

---

jungkook woke up to the sound of his alarm blasting in his ears, he groaned and rolled over - cursing himself for staying up so late.

it was seven am, the teen didn't sleep until passed five.

his head was just way too busy - exams, friend drama, family issues and other worries clouding his mind and forcing him awake.

by the time he crawled out of bed and to the shower it was nearing half passed. his bus would leave soon - no time for breakfast.

he pulled his clothes on, brushed his teeth and sped out the door, running all the way to the bus stop and never looking back.

he got on and sat down next to jimin - his best friend. jimin looked up and it was obvious he had been crying.

"hyung? what's wrong?" he asked, jimin whimpered and a fresh wave of tears came along. "my dance final is tomorrow and i'm so stressed. i know i will fail it - how can i become a dancer with no dance qualifications?!" he sobbed, jungkook just hugged him gently, understanding his worries and wanting to give some comfort.

jimin eventually dried his eyes as the bus pulled into the school. they then said their goodbyes - jimin walked to the dance studio and jungkook made his way to the atrium.

there he saw his four other best friends, two of them had their heads jammed into books and the others were testing each other with flash cards.

all of a sudden, a book slammed and jungkook jumped. "hey, jin hyung it's alright-"

"no it's not alright! i've gotten everything wrong and the exam starts in an hour, there's no way i will pass this and then what? i'm fucked, joonie." jin cried. it was rare to see their eldest friend in such a state.

school does this to you.

"cmon hyung, let's go somewhere quieter to revise"

namjoon and jin then left, leaving just tae, yoongi and jungkook sat at the table. yoongi looked like he was reading, but he was actually asleep - mouth slightly agape and eyes puffy.

taehyung leaned into jungkook and whispered "i'm worried about them, jimin cried for hours on facetime last night, you just saw jin break down and namjoon's parents are threatening him. i don't know what to do." he said, jungkook held his breath. "what about yoongs?"