⚠️shoot out - yoonjinkook

-!school shooting.
-minor character death.

as i grew up in the uk i luckily have no first hand experience with gun violence, specifically not in school.

it's a topic i know has effected so many people and i will do my best to be as sensitive as possible.

i'm not sure what korea's gun laws are but for the sake of this fanfic they will be the same as america.

usually when i cover serious topics it's to raise awareness, but due to the severity of this topic - i don't think anyone needs to hear that from me.

now, on with the story ..

x

"yoongi, you said you were fine to take jungkook home yeah? i have show rehearsals after school."

yoongi nodded and sat down at the table, pouring himself a bowl cereal.

"is jungkook awake?" yoongi asked, looking round the room.

"yep, he's just out the shower."

jin and yoongi were jungkook's older brothers. however due to their ridiculously absent mother and father, they may as well be jungkook's proper parents.

the three were lucky if they saw their parents once a month. they used to be shoved from nanny to nanny, but now that jin and yoongi could both cook, drive and ensure jungkook was clean - they just had to fend for themselves.

moments later, jungkook emerged. he was dressed and carrying his bag over his shoulder.

"come and eat quickly kooks, we need to leave soon."

jungkook did as he was told and sat at the table. jin poured him some froot loops and yoongi started on doing the dishes.

they functioned extremely well for teenagers living alone - jungkook got impressed each time he saw them cleaning up or buying food. even little things like turning lights off or remembering to remind jungkook to do homework.

jin and jungkook missed their parents, yoongi did not. he secretly hated them for taking away his childhood and forcing him to parent their youngest son. he loved jungkook though, so much. it wasn't his fault that they had horrible, selfish parents.

jungkook finished eating and dumped his bowl in the sink. the three then grabbed their coats and bags before slipping shoes on and heading out the door to jin's car.

"hyung, how are you getting home?" yoongi asked whilst climbing into the front seat.

"you take jungkook back in my car and i'll walk or get the bus." jin stated. they settled down and yoongi turned on the radio. the ride there was quiet but still pleasant.

once they arrived at school the three parted. yoongi met with his boyfriend and the two walked to class early, jin met his group of friends who were all sat in the leavers common room and jungkook headed up to art early to work on his exam piece.

the first bell rang and they boys headed off to class. jin had drama, yoongi had maths and jungkook had music.

the day seemed to be going perfectly normal, the classes dragged on and the boys all counted down the minutes until they would finally be allowed home. lunch came and went in a flash and it brought the three brothers to their last lesson of the day.

"mr jang? can i come in and finish my art?" jungkook asked, poking his head around the art teacher's door. the man smiled and nodded, getting up from his chair and opening a locked drawer.

"of course! i have a meeting now just down the hall. you'll be okay on your own for a while yes?" he asked. jungkook replied with a quick "yes sir!"