hold me - namkook

jungkook sighed as he walked in the dorm, he was tired, and hungry. it had been such a shitty day, and he really just needed for someone to hold him - but he didn't want to burden his hardworking hyungs, so he decided just to shower and go to sleep.

as he walked in he saw jin, namjoon and taehyung all sat on the couch watching tv, he presumed that the others must have already gone to bed. it was pretty late, and as always they had to be up ridiculously early the next morning.

"ah kookie you're home! i made some food for you and left it in the fridge, do you want me to heat if for you?" jin asked - he was always looking out for his younger members.

jjk pov

"yes please hyung" i said, trying to hide my tiredness.

i really really needed to shower, but i just don't feel like being alone, i want what i always want. my members.

"hyungs?" i said tentatively.

there was a small chorus of "yes" "mmh?"

"does someone want to shower with me? i don't want to take up all that hot water by myself..." i started well, but my voice went smaller by the end.

"i could shower with you bun, i was gonna go later on anyways" namjoon said with a smile, dimples on show.

"eat first!" yelled jin from the kitchen, who had now finished heating my food.

x

"so any reason you wanted to shower with someone ? you usually love a hot shower to yourself." namjoon said, while washing the conditioner out my hair. i guess my excuse wasn't good enough.

"i'm just lonely. that's all." i said, hesitating slightly. "okay bunny, you're alright though yeah?"

i thought about not telling him that i was having a hard time, but i crumbled, and slowly i started to cry.
"hey, what's wrong?" namjoon said, before stepping out the water. i just kept crying. "how about we get dried off and then you can tell me, okay?"

i just nodded, as namjoon wrapped a towel round me.

x

we lay down on his bed in our pyjamas. my hair is wet and it sticks to the back of my neck, which i hate. i shift uncomfortably. namjoon sits up and looks me in the eyes.

"what's wrong, koo. talk to me."

"i'm just really stressed out. it's my first time writing songs for myself and it's just a lot of pressure you know? im worried i'll let everyone down. like, be a disappointment to you guys."

3rd person

"oh kookie, you never disappoint us, you're our golden maknae! you mean the world to us, we love you, no matter what." namjoon said, tussling his wet hair. jungkook smiled with his bunny teeth and bright eyes. "let's not stress about your writing. i can look over that in the morning with you if you like. what about right now? what would make you feel better right now."

"a cuddl-"

jungkook can't even get the rest of his sentence out before namjoon's large frame has engulfed him. jungkook giggles into namjoon's arms.

they lay there in silence, namjoon alternated between rubbing kookie's back and stroking his hair, until the younger eventually felt his eyelids getting heavy.

"rest well, my little bunny"

-end-

this is absolutely terrible it was so hard to rewrite coz it's so bad 😭😭😭

originally written 11/9/19
rewritten 21/2/23

ej

575 words