one stitch two stitch - jungkook x hyungs

it's bts' first morning in london - and it's obvious that although the boys are tired, everyone is in good spirits.

they started off their morning having breakfast together in jin's hotel room, seeing as his is the biggest. (eldest privileges)

although it's very early on in the morning, as always they are still tight for time. their day is packed with interviews, meetings and a rehearsal - all before soundcheck.  it was evident that today was going to be a stressful one for bangtan.

jjk pov

i was already really nervous for the concert - i have been trying really hard to memorise a speech to say in english all morning but its just not sticking in my brain. for some reason ive also got really stiff muscles, which is a total pain in the ass. it's already beginning to look like today is not my day. i honestly feel like crying and its only 10am and all we've done so far is an interview for a magazine. i sigh loudly.

"you okay kookie?" jin-hyung whispers to me in his usual soft, comforting tone.

"yes hyung, im just tired." i replied quite bluntly, jin nodded but i don't think he believes me. he whispers something to yoongi but i'm too tired to care about what he said.

hours and hours later my muscles are still really stiff, and it's only an hour and a half until it's time to preform. in a panic, i began hopelessly stretching. i'm so concerned about tonight, i'm not really paying attention to my surroundings.

x

unbeknownst to the youngest member, a very sharp, rusty looking nail was poking out of a cabinet. as he went to turn around to stretch his hamstring - he slipped on the way down, catching his heel and ripping right through the tender skin.

a cry tore through the entirety of the backstage area, and a pained and panic stricken jungkook did the only thing he could think of in that moment -

"hyungs! can someome come in here please!"

jin, namjoon and yoongi stood up instantly from were they were sat, and made their way towards the shouting.

"kookie? are you in here?" yoongi said, before pushing open the door to one of the spare rooms backstage.

he was met with a miserable looking jungkook, who was bleeding - badly.

"shit, yoongi go get a medic" jin said, before approaching the crumbled heap on the floor that was their youngest member.

"what happened here?" jin asked, running his hands through jungkook's messy brown hair

"i was stretching and i slipped. is it bad? there's a lot of blood, hyung." jungkook whined. he was visibly pale.

"it doesn't look good, jungkook. that's a nasty gash there." namjoon said, looking sadly at his youngest member

jungkook groaned. he lays down against someone's chest. probably jin's.

by now yoongi had returned with some paramedics, as well as their manager and the rest of the members.

the medic got to work assessing jungkook, and quickly came to the conclusion that he'd need stitches. this means that jungkook either totally misses the concert - or sings sat on a chair. on the other side of the strange from his hyungs.

this was not the news that the perfectionist maknae wanted to hear.

everyone felt their heart break a little as jungkook's eyes welled up. he hates when things don't go to plan. especially if it involves performing. "i'm sorry hyung's" he said sadly, looking at the wall. "i've ruined the concert". fat tears slipped down his face, he turned away in embarrassment.

he was flooded with reassurance from the six other members and the staff. they were quick to tell him that accidents happen, even to golden boys like their jk.

six stitches, three tissues and one announcement to fans later, they were ready to go on stage.

x

poor jungkook practically cried the whole time, the sensitive boy couldn't take the thought of disappointing anyone. truth be told he just wanted to get back to the hotel and sleep the pain away.

when it was jungkook's turn to speak, he only managed to get a few words out until he broke out into a heartbreaking apology, which was dismissed by everyone - the fans yelling that they understood and the members patting him on the back.

three songs later, it was finally time for bts to return back to the hotel.

after carrying jungkook all the way back up to his room, it was decided that hobi would stay with jungkook that night, to save him from being sore and lonely.

"we all love you jungkook, remember that."

"love you too hyung." jungkook muttered softly.

a few forehead kisses later and jungkook was sleeping peacefully - at last.

-end-

originally written 1/9/19

rewritten 21/2/23

thank you for reading a rewrite of my first every oneshot! i hope you still enjoy it despite the changes. i'll see you in the future!

ej

816 words