different kind of army - jikook

-military au
-soldiers jikook
-side ships (wait and see heheh)
-adult language and sexual content

jungkook's family were at breaking point. his dad had lost his job, meaning that they were now receiving no income whatsoever.

jungkook was the eldest of three. he had a sixteen year old brother and an eleven year old sister. he had just turned 18.

his family were desperately searching for ways to get money. and fast.

it was one night after a pitiful dinner that they sat jungkook down, and asked him a question.

it was a question he knew was coming, but it still took him by surprise.

"so we're asking you honey if you... will join the military."

there it is. the dreaded question, he knew he would have to go - but, but he couldn't.

jeon jungkook was a closeted gay - which is strictly forbidden in the korean military.

but he couldn't say no, he couldn't let his family suffer because he was .... gay.

in the moment, in his panicked state, in his clouded mind he just couldn't say no.

"i- um. yeah. i'll join the military, eomma."

"oh kookie, our hero!" his father yelled, wrapping his arms tightly around his eldest son.

but jungkook wasn't a hero, he was a coward in his own eyes. even after five years of knowing, he was still too afraid to tell. jungkook didn't want to be outed, it sounded horrible - he wouldn't even wish it upon his worst enemies. but now, he was probably going to be. and in front of two hundred other trainee soldiers.

but at least his family could eat, right?

x

"goodbye jeonginnie, you'll look after jihanna for me right?" jungkook said with a slight smile, ruffling his little brothers dyed blonde hair. "yes hyung" the younger replied, with tearful eyes.

"aish, i'll not be gone forever - you won't even notice i left. AND you get my bedroom! so no more crying, you'll make me cry in a minute."

jungkook and his little brother were always close, so he knew it would hit the younger hard when he had to leave.

after exchanging a few more words with him, and giving him a hug - he moved onto his sister. he picked her up and spun her around - just like he did when she was little.

"bye bye kookie, have fun in the military." she teased, amusing jeongin greatly. "yah! where are your honourifics?" jungkook fake scolded, poking her in the tummy gently.

"they're not here! i refuse!" she giggled, running away from jungkook. "jeongin-ah, by the time i'm back - teach the little one some respect hmm?"

"yes sir!" the middle child saluted, making the other two giggle.

"right jungkook, you need to go." his dad interrupted, rather sadly.

"oh, right." he said sheepishly, picking up his bag.

"well, bye everyone, i'll miss you." he said, small tears gathering in the corners of his eyes. his mum took notice and pulled him in for a tight hug.

"we're so proud of you kookie, you're saving our lives by doing this for us. we love you a lot okay?"

jungkook just nodded, knowing he won't be able to get any words out without crying.

in a blur, he was ushered on to the train by his dad. once he sat down, he put his head in his hands and sobbed. this begins the end of his life.