Save Me

I was driving to work while on the phone with Addison on speaker

Ad- What are you doing today?

S-Working

Ad- On the anniversary of Scott's death?

S- Yeah Ads. The hospital owns me. Don't act like you aren't relieved that I won't be home alone. I know you worry about me.

Ad- Maybe I should come to visit.

S- Ads I'm okay. I'll let you call Chief Webber if you're that worried but I'm gonna be okay.

Ad- Chief Webber? His name is Richard.

S- Yeah he was your mentor but now he's Chief of Surgery. So I'm gonna stick with Chief Webber.

Ad- I'm gonna call him.

S- Okay. If that'll help you sleep at night.

Ad- It will. You know it will.

S-I've just got to the hospital Ads. Love you.

Ad- Love you too.

Call Ended

Timeskip

I was at the nurses' station writing out post-op notes in charts.

"Dr Sloan," I heard. I turned to see Bailey.

"Yes Dr Bailey," I said.

"Remember when I asked you why you wanted to be on scut? You told me that there was nothing. Why did I hear different from the chief?" Dr Bailey asked.

"My friend worries about me. That's all that call was," I said. Dr Bailey gave me a look telling me she didn't believe me. "I'm not known for making great decisions around this time of year. Working keeps me busy. I'm 100% here right now," I said. Cristina and Izzie walked over.

"Dr Bailey, I want off the psychic case. I'll take whatever you got. Can I switch?" Cristina asked.

"Ask nicely," Dr Bailey said not looking up from her chart.

"Uh, well, this is me doing nicely," Cristina said. Bailey and I looked at her.

"Look, I know the type. These guys just want everybody to think they're a slideshow. Let me take him," Izzie said.

"I don't do switches," Dr Bailey said.

"I'll do your post-op notes for a month," Cristina said.

"Fine. I can accept that. Izzie, you get Psych guy. Yang. This is your lucky day. You get to be with me on the breast cancer. And there's spotting. So you'll need to do a pelvic. She's pregnant," Dr Bailey said handing Cristina the chart. Cristina left. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good Dr Bailey," I said.

"Then go to the pit and find a case because you don't do scut," Dr Bailey said.

"Okay," I said.

Timeskip

I was at the nurses' station with Meredith, Cristina, and Izzie. George and Alex walked over.

"Blondie, are we on for Joe's tonight?" Alex asked.

"Not tonight," I said looking up from my chart.

"We always go to Joe's. What's up?" Alex asked.

"Yeah you volunteered for scut this morning," George said.

"It's the anniversary of a friend's death. That's all," I said. Alex looked at me. "We joined the army together straight out of highschool,"

"You were in the army?" George asked.

"Yeah 9 years," I said. "I was a combat medic,"

"I bet you looked hot in your uniform," Alex said.

"I always look hot, devil baby. You know this it's why you keep trying to get into my pants," I said pulling my dog tags out from under my scrub top. My pager went off. "Bye," I said walking off.

Timeskip

I was sat reading textbooks and making notes on a gurney in an empty hallway. Meredith, Cristina, Alex and Izzie were here too.

"I tried to talk Shepherd out of that clot surgery. What is wrong with me?" Meredith asked.

"Basically, you tried to kill the guy," Alex said.

"Basically, you're an ass," Cristina said.

"Come on. You know you want it. Come to papi, baby," Alex said. George walked in.

"This, uh, is George," He pointed to his name tag. "George has a hot date,"

"Oh, that's great, George," Meredith said.

"Yeah," George smiled.

"Left pocket of my lab coat, Georgie," Alex said standing up. "No glove, no love," George stopped Alex leaving and grabbed a condom from his lab coat pocket. Alex left.

"My psychic had his surgery," Izzie said.

"Yeah?" George asked.

"I wonder what happened with his gift," Izzie said.

"Come on. We all know he's crazy," Cristina said.

"Thought you said you didn't believe in that stuff," Meredith said.

"I grew up in a trailer park. I waited tables, which was supposed to put me through college, but my mother was always calling these psychics all the time. And the bills started piling up, so I had to use my money to pay them. When I turned 18, I left and never went back. But this guy has been saying things to me, things he couldn't possibly know anything about. So I just wonder," Izzie said before turning to me. "So you were in the army?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Tell us about it," George said.

"Not a lot to tell you about," I said.

Timeskip

I walked into my apartment and saw my big sister Liz cooking in my kitchen.

"Liz? What are you doing here?" I asked. "And how did you get in?"

"Hey. You really are stupid if you thought we'd leave you alone today. Addison was going to come but she couldn't she had patients so you were left with me," Liz said giving me a hug. "Now what did I tell you about keeping your cupboards full?"

"Yeah. I know," I said. "Thanks for coming,"

"Are you kidding? You're the baby of the family even if we haven't got the same last name," Liz said. "Now sit and eat," I smiled as Liz slid a plate of butter chicken and naan bread across the counter. "You now have a fridge and a freezer stocked with meals that are actually good for you instead of packet food,"

"Thank you," I said.

"Now I heard that Derek has something going on with an intern," Liz said.

"Meredith Grey. She doesn't even know about Addison which is awkward," I said. "I know it's not my place to tell her but it doesn't make it any less awkward,"

"Is she a friend?" Liz asked.

"Yeah. We've got the same resident," I said. "Dr Bailey. Scary woman,"

"How scary?" Liz asked.

"I'm more scared of her than I am of Nancy and Kathleen," I said. "Oh and Derek's scared of her too which is kinda amusing," Liz smiled.