Superstition

I was in the locker room with the others.

"Four surgeries, four fatalities and the day has barely started," George said.

"I talked to the morgue guy this morning," Izzie said.

"The one with the unibrow?" Meredith asked.

"The one with the like teeth thing. And he said that surgical fatalities come in threes and sevens. Says there'll be three more before midnight," Izzie said.

"Well, ok then. Since "dead tooth" morgue guy said so," Cristina mocked.

"He's the morgue guy. He knows things about death," Izzie said. "Sage, you've worked in medicine longer than the rest of us is that true?"

"You loose seven people in Combat medicine it's been a good day. From what I learned living with doctors my whole life it's pretty much true," I said.

"Come on," Dr Bailey said walking in.

"Where?" Meredith asked.

"ER," Dr Bailey said.

"All of us?" George asked.

"We've all had deaths. Let's all go save a life," Dr Bailey said. We followed her out and Addison stopped us.

"Uh, Dr Bailey. Here you go," Addison handed Dr Bailey a cup of hot cocoa.

"What's this?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Hot cocoa. It's a little ritual we had in New York. Four surgeries, four deaths, I figure we could all use a little good juju," Addison said.

"And cocoa equals juju how?" Dr Bailey questioned.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't question the cocoa," Addison said handing the rest of us a cup. "Carry on," We walked to the pit which was empty.

"Great. No blood, no guts, no lives to save. It's dead quiet," Cristina said. We all turned to look at her.

"Did you really just say that?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Cristina..." Izzie said.

"What?" Cristina asked.

"You said the Q-word," George said.

"It's like saying Macbeth in theater," Izzie commented.

"Please. You think because someone says it's quiet that it'll mean..." Cristina was cut off by the ER doors opening.

"Can somebody help us here? She's coughing up blood," A younger woman said holding up an older woman.

"O'Malley! Take that," Dr Bailey yelled.

"Dr Bailey, I need an intern to come to Seattle Elementary with me," Dr Torres said with a trauma kit bag on back.

"Sloan, are you good?" Dr Bailey asked.

"I'm good," I said taking another trauma kit bag. Torres and I left the hospital.

"We're on foot. A 3 car pile up in the area has taken out all the medics and the roads are too backed up for another ambulance to get up there," Torres said.

"So run?" I asked.

"Run," Dr Torres said. We ran and made it to the school being escorted to the school's yard where a young boy was laying with an obvious leg injury. He was in a lot of pain.

"Is it dress up day at work? You two don't look like medics," A teacher said.

"We're surgeons at Seattle Grace Hospital. Dr Torres and that's Dr Sloan," Dr Torres said as I made my way to the patient.