Thanks for the Memories

I was in the kitchen making breakfast. Addison was sitting drinking coffee.

"Any thanksgiving plans?" I asked.

"I don't. You do. Stevens told me about Intern thanksgiving," Addison said.

"I'm not going," I said.

"You are," Addison said.

"No. I'm not. I really don't want to go and I'm not leaving you alone on Thanksgiving," I said. "So what do you want to do?"

"Thanksgivings are good for idiots who need surgery. So why don't we just go to work?" Addison suggested.

"Ooh, sounds like the best thanksgiving ever," I said.

Timeskip

Addison and I walked into the hospital. I changed into my scrubs and we both headed up to the pit.

"What are you two doing here?" Dr Bailey asked walking over with Meredith.

"Celebrating thanksgiving," Addison said.

"Hunting for idiots. So what we got?" I asked.

"Attending behind us. Subbing in from Mercy West is extremely sexist," Meredith said. "He also thinks that the Nazi is a man with balls the size of Texas,"

"Sounds like an idiot," I said.

Timeskip

Addison and I sat in the ER waiting for a case while I was suturing up patients.

"How'd you celebrate thanksgiving while overseas?" Addison asked.

"Depends where we were. If we were at camp we'd mess around with a ball and eat turkey sandwiches. Sometimes we'd not be at camp and we'd find other ways to entertain ourselves," I said.

"Do you miss it?" Addison asked.

"I miss the people," I said.

"Would you go back?" Addison asked.

"I would never pass the psych evaluation. I was a soldier and I loved it but now I'm a surgical intern and I love that too," I said. Addison's pager went off.

"I've got to go one of my mothers upstairs has gone into labour," Addison said.

"I'll come to find you later," I said.

"Okay," Addison said. I ended up doing sutures most of the evening.

Timeskip

Addison and I sat on a bench outside the hospital.

"This isn't a normal way to spend thanksgiving is it?" Addison asked.

"We're surgeons. We don't get the normal thanksgiving or other holidays," I said. "We get what we get,"

"We should do something for Christmas," Addison said. I smiled and nodded.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"Not sure," Addison said.

"I'm taking you Christmas shopping. You can pick out whatever you want my treat," I said.

"You don't have to do that," Addison said.

"I know but I want to," I said.

"You didn't have to blow off your friends for me," Addison said. I wrapped an arm around her.

"I'm not going to leave you alone on Thanksgiving," I said.

"You're so protective," Addison said. I smiled at her. "Let's go home. We can pick up food on the way," 

"Mm, sounds like a plan," I said standing up. We walked to the car.