Losing My Mind

Alex walked over as I was writing in charts.

"Hey, could Rebecca and I crash at your place for a few days?" Alex asked.

"Um, we're kind of waiting for news about us having our own kid but I'll talk to Addison," I said.

"What? That's awesome. Don't worry about me and Rebecca," Alex said.

"There's no confirmation yet but we finally got through the mountain of paperwork we had to go through. And my little sister is staying with us who also happens to be pregnant by the way," I said.

"That's a lot," Alex said.

"Oh and while I remember. You're my best man," I said.

"We're gonna have an awesome bachelor's party," Alex slapped my shoulder walking off.

"Is your fiancee still alive?" Callie asked walking over.

"She was when I left the house this morning. She's probably sleeping," I said.

"At 11 am what did you do?" Callie asked.

"Lots," I smirked.

"I'm gonna call her again," Callie said walking off.

Timeskip

Callie, Addison, Mark and I were sat eating lunch.

"So how do you get our little sister?" Mark asked.

"Because I know how to not kill someone and you and her fight when she's not hormonal. You'd kill each other. Orange isn't your colour and you'd 100% be someone's bitch in prison," I said.

"Be nice," Addison said nudging me.

"I am being concerned about his safety in prison," I said. Addison smacked my arm.

"Shove over, Sloan. Torres and I are gonna share a sapphic salad," Hahn said walking over. Mark moved over.

"Did I miss something?" Mark asked.

"Yeah, we're lovers. Didn't you know?" Callie asked.

"It's a love that dare not speak its name," Hahn said sipping her drink.

"Look me in the eye, and tell me that you're not thinking about a threesome," Callie said.

"I'm not. The old Mark would, but that's no more," Mark said looking at his lunch tray.

"Really? You're not, uh, thinking about her and me and you. And a video camera?" Callie asked. Mark stood up. "Yeah, on-call room, ten minutes,"

"No," Mark called back as he walked off.

Timeskip

I was signing discharge papers. Meredith walked over.

"I need advice," Meredith said grabbing my arm and dragging me into a conference room before closing the door.

"Okay. What's wrong?" I asked.

"Therapy works for you right?" Meredith asked.

"Yeah. I sleep most nights," I said.

"And you just talk?" Meredith asked.

"We talk and I write things down. I wrote down things about my trip," I said. "But it only works because I actually started working with her,"

Timeskip

I was walking down the hallway.

"Sage," Alex said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Is Addison in today?" Alex asked. "I need a favour,"

"She's in surgery but is it something I can help with?" I asked.

"Could you do an ultrasound and run some labs on Rebecca?" Alex asked.

"Sure," I said.

"Thanks, I'll be there in 20 minutes," Alex said. I walked into Rebecca's treatment room.

"Hey, I'm Dr Sage Sloan. I'm just going to do an ultrasound and some tests," I said. I did the ultrasound and there was nothing.

"Look, okay, that's your uterus. There is nothing in there. No fetus, no sack, nothing," I said.

"But it's too early. It's tiny. You can't see anything yet," Rebecca said. Alex walked in. I pulled out an old scan.

"Rebecca, look. Ok, this is a fetus at 6 weeks. All right, it's a tiny spot, but it's there. You can see it. Look at your uterus. There's nothing there," I said softly.

"Have the labs come back?" Alex asked.

"Not yet. I told them to page you when they do come back but these are the first set of labs and Mark left a chart note," I said. "Page me if you need me," I said.

"Thanks," Alex said.

Timeskip

I walked into the breakroom. Bailey was surrounded by files while Tuck sat playing with his toys. Tuck started trying to crawl towards me.

"Hey little man," I said smiling.

"Didn't you finish work?" Bailey asked.

"Addison's still in surgery so I stuck around. Want me to keep him occupied so you can work?" I asked sitting on the floor.

"Yes," Bailey said. "Heard anything about having children?"

"We had a home inspection last week. We're now just waiting to hear back," I said handing Tuck a toy aeroplane making aeroplane noises.

"Well you seem to be very good with children," Bailey said.

"When you grow up with the Shepherds it kinda happens on its own," I said. "And everyone used to tell me I was just a big kid myself," I said.

"You've grown up Sage," Bailey said.

"Of course I have. The old Sage wouldn't have a fiancé or be financially stable," I said. "Or even thinking about having a kid," I said playing with Tuck.