Where the Wild Things Are

I was knocked out of my thoughts by my pager going off. I got up and ran to the pit. I was tying my trauma gown on when Cristina, Izzie and Meredith rushed in.

"Why didn't anybody wake me?" Alex asked running in.

"Why would we help you?" Izzie asked.

"There's such a thing as honor," Alex said.

"Yeah, it's dog-eat-dog, Karev. Suck it up," Cristina said walking away. Addison walked in with Hahn and Callie.

"Hey, so I get my fiancee back tonight right?" Addison asked.

"Yes. I'll make it up to you for the past 2 weeks. I promise," I said.

"Good," Addison said. She handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," I said.

"I love you," Addison said.

"I love you too," I said. Addison walked away and I quickly chugged the coffee. We walked out to the ambulance bay. Alex was counting up points for the competition that was going on.

"Who's winning?" Meredith asked.

"Yang. Sloan is 2 points behind her," Alex said.

"Surprised?" Cristina asked.

"What? Let me see. I'm 26 points behind? That's not possible. Count again. What about all the surgeries?" Izzie asked.

"Only 3 points for watching. You gotta do," Cristina said.

"I do do. I can't make them let me do procedures," Izzie said.

"You gotta ask," Meredith said.

"You gotta take charge of your own destiny, make it happen, like this," Cristina ran to the incoming ambulance. I ran inside. I ran up the surgical floor.

"Dr Hahn, do you need a resident today?" I asked.

"Yes. I've got a ross procedure in OR 4. Prep the patient for surgery," Dr Hahn handed me a chart.

Timeskip

I was in surgery with Hahn when Cristina burst in.

"Mr. Robinson is doing better. We were able to D.C The levofed, and he's intermittently awake and lucid. His chest tube has put out 100 cc's since I last saw you, and I'll be back in an hour with another update," Cristina reeled off incredibly fast.

"Is somebody chasing you Yang?" Dr Hahn asked.

"Excuse me?" Cristina asked.

"What are you racing around for?" Dr Hahn asked.

"Uh, uh, no reason," Cristina said.

"No reason? Not because you're running towards the finish line of this surgical contest?" Dr Hahn asked.

"Oh, that. Yes," Cristina said.

"Are you winning?" Dr Hahn asked.

"Yes. Once I finish my sutures on Mr. Robinson," Cristina said.

"Oh, that's too bad. I was gonna let you watch me put Mrs. Witkowsky's new valve in, but if a contest is more important than a cardiac surgery, so be it," Dr Hahn said.

"I'd be happy to watch, Dr Hahn," Cristina said tying her mask around her face.

"How are you doing Sloan?" Dr Hahn asked.

"I'm good," I said.

"I mean the competition," Dr Hahn said.

"Oh I'm second place," I said.

Timeskip

I walked into the house and up to the bedroom. Addison was laying on the bed with Ace curled up beside her. I got on the bed.

"I'll make it up to you for not being here for the past 2 weeks. Not sure how right now because my brain is jello but I will," I said.

"I know. How long have you been awake?" Addison asked.

"70 hours," I mumbled.

"Did you win?" Addison asked.

"No. You're engaged to a jello brain loser," I mumbled.

"Shh. I don't think you know what you're saying. Sleep," Addison said.

"I know I love you. I love you lots," I said.

"I love you too," Addison said. I wrapped my arms around her.

"You're so fucking hot," I said. "And sexy and beautiful and smart and I'm very lucky to call you my Fiancée," I said kissing her shoulder.

"Shh. Close your eyes," Addison said.