Make Me Lose Control

Addison and I walked into the elevator

Addison and I walked into the elevator. Derek was talking to Chief Webber.

"Good morning. Richard, like the hat," Addison said.

"Satan speaks," Derek said.

"Actually I prefer to be called ruler of all that is evil. But I will answer to Satan," Addison said.

"What is she still doing here?" Derek asked Dr Webber.

"I asked her to stay. We have a pediatric surgeon attending on maternity leave," Dr Webber said.

"And big brother I make the best pancakes in the world so why would she want to leave me? I mean I'm awesome you know this," I said. Addison smiled.

"Actually I could use you on a consult. Will you ah meet me up there Derek?" Addison asked.

"Yeah," Derek said. Addison and I got out of the elevator.

Timeskip

I met Dr Bailey after rounds. She'd assigned me to Addison and Derek up in the NICU. I walked upstairs and saw a baby in an incubator that had been abandoned after the baby was strung out. Addison and Derek were there.

"Where's the mother?" Derek asked looking over the baby's chart.

"Gone. She stuck around long enough to get the kid strung out and then took off. Nice, huh?" Addison asked.

"Addison!" Derek said frustrated.

"Derek I know it's a long shot. I know that," Addison said.

"You told me you had a newborn with an invasive mass. You fail to mention that she's premature, underweight and addicted to narcotics. There's no way that this baby is going to survive spinal surgery," Derek said handing me the chart.

"You don't know that," Addison said.

"Even if she does, she's a mess. She'll just get meningitis seizures. She's going to live a short painful life," Derek said.

"You don't know that," Addison said.

"It's my job to know that," Derek said getting frustrated.

"You're not God Derek," Addison said.

"Excuse me?" Derek asked offended.

"I'm sorry honey but you're not. You don't get to decide-" Addison was cut off.

"Wait did you just call me honey? Don't call me honey!" Derek said.

"Fine. You're not god Dr Shepherd. Look if a patient has any chance at survival, which I think she does, then you have a responsibility-" Addison was cut off.

"Don't talk to me about responsibility," Derek snarked.

"You took an oath, Derek!" Addison tried.

"Oh don't you dare talk to me about oaths!" Derek snapped.