The Name of the Game

I kissed my way up Addison's body before collapsing beside her. I put my head on her chest.

"That was good," I said. "Tired now," Addison leaned down running her hands through my hair.

"That was mind-blowing. Who knew that you were that good?" Addison teased.

"Anyone with sense," I said. "Clearly you've got sense," Addison kissed me.

"Nice save," Addison said. I smiled as Addison wrapped her arms around me with one hand playing with my hair and the other scratching my back. "I love you,"

"I love you too," I said.

Timeskip

I sat in Jacob's room playing games with him.

"Jacob, how are you feeling today?" Dr Torres asked.

"Still a little painful but the drugs you have me on help," Jacob said.

"You had a nasty break champ. It's going to be painful for a while," I said. "But it is pizza day today,"

"When can I go outside?" Jacob asked.

"Give it a couple of days and we'll see if we can get you into a wheelchair and outside," Dr Torres said. "I'm going to take a look at your leg now," I moved off the bed. My pager went off.

"I've got to take this but I'll check back in on you later," I said to Jacob. He waved at me as I walked off.

Timeskip

I was grabbing lunch. Addison walked over.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey," Addison said.

"How's your day so far?" I asked.

"Meredith's sister is my patient. I don't think she knows she exists," Addison said.

"Oh," I said.

"What about you?" Addison asked.

"I did some labs and then played games with Jacob in his room," I said.

"Has his social worker arrived yet?" Addison asked.

"No. He was in a foster family. There's been no contact from them," I said as we sat down.

"Kids are resilient. I'm sure he'll be okay," Addison said.

"You're right," I said. "Like always,"

"Glad to know you're learning," Addison smirked.

"I've been thinking and I know it's still early and we've got a lot of time and I'm probably jumping the gun a bit but I think we should get a house if we're planning on having kids," I said. "I know we have at least a few months before it even happens but I've just kinda been thinking about little things since we talked and I think it would be nice if we had a house that we could have a garden that they could run around in and play safely," I said.

"It is early but we could start looking at houses. I agree that our kids should have a nice garden to play in," Addison said. "I tell you what we can start looking tonight if you want to do that," Addison said.

"Okay," I said. Addison kissed my cheek.

"I've got to go check on my patient but I'll see you later," Addison said.

"Okay," I said.

Timeskip

I walked into the gallery where Meredith watched Addison perform surgery on her sister.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," Meredith said.

"You want to talk about today?" I asked.

"I met a sister I never had and saw my father who I haven't seen in nearly 20 years," Meredith said.

"Fathers aren't all they're cracked up to be," I said.

"How'd you deal with it?" Meredith asked. "I mean your parents,"

"I ran away a lot of the time. Then shit got real and my response was fuck this let's go get shot at for a living," I said. "My best friend and I both went out and joined the army," I said. "I didn't look back until I lost everything out there because it forced me to look at what I had back here,"

"Did you drink?" Meredith asked.

"In the army, I would drink but never to the point, I was hung over. I smoked a lot," I said. "But take it from me,  drink and cigarettes don't help,"

Timeskip

Addison and I sat on the couch looking at houses for sale while eating pizza.

"This one looks nice," Addison said.

"Which one?" I asked.

"This one," Addison pointed at an image of a house.

"Garden, 3 car garage, good school district, 3 bedrooms 2 with en-suites, potential to renovate attic into a bedroom. 2 bathrooms. How is that all so cheap?"

"I'm not sure. What do you think about going to see it?" Addison asked.

"Yeah. Sounds good," I said. "Should we still keep looking?"

"Yes," Addison said putting a star beside the house we were interested in. "What are you gonna do with this place?" Addison asked.

"Probably rent it out," I said. "And the furniture can stay here,"

"Are you sure?" Addison asked.

"Yeah. I can buy a new dart board and pool table," I said.

"Yeah, we'll give you a nice little game room as long as I get a nice fireplace," Addison said.

"Ooh a big fireplace does sound nice," I said. Addison nodded. "This is fun. Much less stressful that I thought it would be,"

"You won't be saying that when I take you furniture shopping," Addison smirked.

"I'm sure you're not that difficult," I said taking a bite out of my pizza. The front door opened. Alex walked in.

"Ooh pizza," Alex grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Devil baby, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can I crash here blondie?" Alex asked. I looked at Addison who nodded.

"Sure," I said. Alex walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"I swear the beer in this fridge never goes anywhere," Alex said.

"It does. You, George and Callie, drink more of it than I do," I said.

"What pancakes doesn't drink beer?" Alex asked.

"You can stop calling me that you know," Addison said.

"Does she look like a beer drinker?" I asked. Alex walked over and dropped down onto the couch.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Looking at houses," Addison said.

"Where is baby boy tonight?" Alex asked.

"He's at Callie's place tonight," I said. "You need to stop calling him baby boy,"

"No. I don't," Alex said taking another slice of pizza. "I will stop calling you pancakes though," Alex said to Addison.

"Good," Addison said.

"Where are we moving to?"  Alex asked. Addison looked at him. "We come as a package deal baby. You date her you get me too,"

"Call me baby again Karev," Addison threatened. "What do you think about this one?" Addison said.

"Looks nice," I said.

"You hate it," Addison said.

"I don't hate it. I'll tell you if I hate something," I said.

"Look at that house again and tell me you don't hate it," Addison said. I looked at it.

"Murder house. Fuck that," I said.