Damage Case

Alex, Cristina, Meredith and I were waiting and the ambulance bay for incoming ambulances of a car crash. Izzie and George walked out. George had gone back home to Meredith's house last night.

"She peed. Naked peeing. Ask Meredith. Meredith?" Izzie said. "That's right, I forgot, you're not talking to her,"

"Oh!" George said.

"If you were she would tell you that Callie crosses the line. So crossed the line. So freaking crossed," Izzie whined.

"We're still pretending that you're not seeing a patient, right?" Alex asked. Izzie threw her apple to the side of Alex between me and him.

"People, what's with all the evil misery? Huh? Live and let live," Cristina said cheerfully.

"You're cheerful," George said.

"Oh, come on," Cristina said.

"You are. How's that possible?" Izzie asked. Meredith and I smiled at Cristina.

"I scrubbed in on a four-hour parasophageal hernia last night. Then I got laid. And now, three ambulances are coming in full of bloody broken car crash victims, all of who need to be cut open. So, I'm cheery! I'm cheery! I'm cheery! I'm cheerful!" Cristina said.

"If we weren't surgeons her acting like this would get her committed upstairs to psych," I said to Meredith. She nodded.

Timeskip

I was with Bailey, Alex, George and Izzie in the CT viewing room looking at the victims' scans.

"And this is the father, Big Jim. I don't call him Big Jim. The family, call him Big Jim," George said.

"Oh, stupid hicks," Alex said.

"Really? Being Southern makes you stupid? Do you know that he owns half of Alabama," George said.

"Yeah. And I bet he even washes his hands after he pees," Izzie said.

"That's uncalled for," George said.

"Stevens, he's happy. Leave him in his happy bubble," I said.

"This is a place of business. Discharge the mother, discharge the father," Dr Bailey said.

"Yes, Dr Bailey," George walked out.

"Karev, get the husband to the OR for surgery," Dr Bailey said. Addison walked in.

"Dr Karev, there you are. You're supposed to be up on OB/GYN rounding on my patients," Addison said.

"Oh, yeah, I got paged. 911. Pregnant mom. Car accident. Very serious," Alex said.

"Pity. I've got three surgeries on the board. I was gonna ask you to scrub in, but I guess you should stay by that pregnant lady's side all day. You see to it, Dr Bailey?" Addison asked.

"Yes," Dr Bailey said.

"Have you got another intern that can scrub in with me?" Addison asked.

"Sloan, have you done your hours?" Dr Bailey asked.

"No," I said.

"Go," Bailey said. I smiled and walked off with Addison.

"I missed you last night," Addison said.

"I missed you too," I said.

Timeskip

Addison and every other available surgeon were paged to operate on Mel, one of the victims of the car crash. I was standing beside Alex and Addison watching the fetal monitor while Dr Bailey, Dr Burke, Cristina, Derek, Dr Webber and other surgeons operated on Mel.