Lay Your Hands on Me

Addison and I were cuddling in bed watching the sunrise with Ace laying on the bed with us.

"I don't want to move," I said.

"I know me neither but we can come back here right after work," Addison said. I smiled. "Don't forget we've got that meeting with the social worker later,"

"I know. I'll be there. I promise," I said. Addison kissed me.

Timeskip

I was at the nurse's station with Alex.

"So you've got a meeting with a social worker?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. They're coming by to talk to us today. Get an idea of the type of people we are," I said. Dr Hahn walked over.

"Sloan, you ready for Cardio?" Dr Hahn asked.

"I've got a meeting today but Karev is your guy," I said.

"Next patient?" Dr Hahn asked.

"Next patient," I said.

"Good," Dr Hahn said. "Congratulations. Your life just got more interesting," Dr Hahn said to Alex. The pair walked off.

"Sloan," Callie called.

"Coming," I said.

Timeskip

Callie and I walked down the hallway.

"Callie!" A woman said.

"Mrs O'Malley, hi. How have you been?" Callie asked hugging the woman.

"Well, I've been worried is how I've been. I've called, and I left messages. I know how busy you two are, but you can't pick up the phone once in a while? Never mind. Water under the bridge. I was in the neighbourhood, and I hope you don't mind, but I just couldn't wait to show you some of the outfits I've been making," Mrs O'Malley said.

"Outfits?" Callie asked.

"Now don't get mad, but Georgie told me you were trying, so ... What do you think? It's yellow," Mrs O'Malley pulled out a yellow croqueted cardigan.

"I see that," Callie smiled. "Mrs O'Malley have you met Sage Sloan?" Callie asked.

"Georgie talks highly of you. You're the army doctor," Mrs O'Malley pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah. That's me. George is a good guy. Very funny," I said feeling very uncomfortable. My pager went off.

"Jacob," Callie said.

"I got it," I said. "It was lovely meeting you Mrs O'Malley," I said running off. I got to Jacob's room. He was walking around with the help of a nurse.

"Dr Sloan look. I'm doing it," Jacob smiled. "Do you think we could go to the cafeteria?" Jacob asked.

"How about we wait for Dr Torres?" I asked taking over for the nurse.

"Dr Torres is here," Callie said walking in. "Woah look at you go," Callie said to Jacob.

"Do you think we could go to the cafeteria?" Jacob asked.

"We can try but I'm gonna take a wheelchair just in case," Dr Torres said.

"I won't need it," Jacob said.

"We know but we don't like paperwork and you falling is a lot of paperwork," I said.

"Okay," Jacob said. I held my arms out behind Jacob and we walked halfway through Callie was paged to the pit.

"I've got to go. Keep it up," Callie said. After a while Jacob got shaky.

"Dr Sloan, can I have the wheelchair?" Jacob asked. I got him in the wheelchair.