Owner of a Lonely Heart

While the other interns were assigned an individual quint Addison had me keeping track of them as a group. Izzie, George, Meredith and Cristina sat with their assigned quint while I sat at the incubator of Alex's quint because he wasn't there.

"I have the best quint. Lucy, she just smiled at me," George said.

"She's nine hours old, George," Izzie said.

"I'm saying there are 5 babies here and clearly mine is the advanced one," George said.

"Charlotte's smart. She's got wrinkles on her forehead, very serious," Meredith said.

"Okay, A. This is not a competition and B. my quint kicks your quints' asses. Emily is strong, she won't let go of my finger," Izzie said.

"Ah, hey! Julie has her organs on the outside of her body and she's still alive thank you," Cristina said.

"Kate's the best one," Alex said walking in. "Izzie," Alex had been caught sleeping with Olivia.

"Leave," Izzie said.

"Can we please just talk?" Alex tried.

"You're too busy screwing nurses to talk. Just get out," Izzie said.

"Can someone make sure that Kate's vitals remain stable?" Alex asked.

"I will," I said. Alex left.

"He's unbelievable! I am so glad I never slept with him which is his loss because I'm really good in bed. Mind-blowing. Mind-blowingly good in bed," Izzie said.

"Are you trying to seduce us?" Cristina asked.

"And then he sleeps with Olivia instead of me. Olivia," Izzie said.

"Hey, I slept with Olivia," George said.

"Yeah well then you both have bad taste," Izzie said.

"You know you can't say that you weren't warned. Alex has always been Alex," George said.

"You dodged a bullet, Iz, you're better off without him," Meredith said.

"Why are you even surprised? Sleep with a snake, you get bit," Cristina said.

"Thanks, guys. For the support," Izzie said upset.

"Who's on call tonight?" Dr Bailey asked walking in.

"I am," I said.

"All right, the rest of you go home. Sleep. All 5 quints are still alive. It's a good day," Dr Bailey said walking out. Everyone else walked out.

Timeskip

I was in the NICU when Addison came in with Tom and Dorie who was in a wheelchair.

"Morning," I said.

"Any issues overnight?" Addison asked as Tom and Dorie made their way around the incubators.

"No. No post-op complications or symptoms of complications. Their charts are at the nurses' station," I said. Addison began doing basic checkups as the rest of the interns and Dr Bailey walked in.

"Oh good here you are. Mom and Dad are anxious for an update. Dr Yang?" Addison asked as Tom helped Dorie back into her wheelchair.

"Ah we've done the initial surgery on Julie's omphalocele. A primary closure was attempted but there was pulmonary comprise, so we couldn't continue..." Cristina was cut off by Dr Bailey.

"Yang, how about we do this in plain English?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Oh, um we operated on Julie's external sac of organs and we pushed in as much of the bowel we could and we think we can push in the rest with a second operation," Cristina said.