Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction

I walked down the hallway. I found Derek.

"Derek," I said.

"Sage, what's up?" Derek asked.

"I need my big brother," I said.

"I just saw Mark he's on his way to check on a patient," Derek said.

"I mean you," I said. I grabbed his arm and we walked into a conference room.

"What's wrong?" Derek asked.

"I want to buy Addison a ring," I said.

"You want to propose? That's awesome. She'd definitely say yes to you. You two are perfect for each other," Derek said.

"Really because we've talked about it but I don't want to make her feel like we're rushing into everything," I said.

"Hey, you and Addison aren't new. Officially you're new but your love for each other isn't a new thing. She loved you when we were married and I know you felt the same way. You've waited 10 years to kiss each other and tell one another how you feel so you're not rushing into things," Derek said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm sure," Derek said.

"What's her ring size?" I asked.

"I'm not sure but I'll call the jewellers in New York. They have it on file," Derek said. "I'll find it and bring it to you,"

"Thank you. You're the best," I said. "I love you," I said kissing his cheek.

"Love you too," Derek said. I walked out. I walked into the resident's locker room with Cristina.

"Morning!" Cristina said.

"Cristina needs me," Meredith said walking away from Izzie over to us.

"I am painting Burke's apartment, so I can stop calling it Burke's apartment," Cristina said. "A happy color. Red, like blood,"

"Or red like a hickey?" Meredith asked looking at me as I started changing into my scrubs. "Someone had a busy night,"

"Morning actually," I said.

"I am on cardio this whole week. One of the benefits of living with the person who makes the schedule," Cristina said.

"I'm on post-op again," Alex said. "Second week in a row. Trade with me,"

"Oh, yeah. No way," Cristina said.

"I was talking to Meredith," Alex said.

"Why? I'm with Hahn," Cristina said.

"Dude, wake up and smell the surgical board," Alex said. 

Timeskip

I was in the pit watching Michael's suture.

"What are you doing down here? You were Hahn's cardio student," Dr Bailey said.

"Cardio and PTSD don't work well together," I said. "Besides Jacob's got his first physio session today and I promised I'd try and make it for him," I said as my pager went off. "That's him," I walked off upstairs. Jacob was sitting in bed. "Hey champ why are we still in bed? You've got a big day today,"

"I don't want to," Jacob said.

"Yesterday you couldn't wait. What happened?" I asked.

"I'm scared," Jacob said. "What if I fall and hurt myself again?" 

"Hey, Dr Torres and I spent hours looking at your scans last night we had every other ortho specialist in this hospital look at the scans and everyone agreed that your legs were ready. We'll take it slow," I said.