What Have I Done to Deserve This?

I was in the kitchen making breakfast for Addison while she was getting dressed for work

"Big day today," Addison said. It was my hearing in court.

"Yep," I said. "Pancakes, bacon and eggs," I said sliding the plate across the counter.

"I can come with you today. If you need me there," Addison said.

"I'll be okay," I said. "But I should get going," I said. Addison kissed me.

"Good luck. I love you," Addison said.

"I love you too," I said.

Timeskip

We had completed opening statements. The prosecution called their first witness.

"Your honour we'd like to call Dr Miranda Bailey to the stand," Rivers said. Dr Bailey walked to the stand and was sworn in. "Dr Bailey please can you tell the court your relationship with Miss Sloan?"

"I'm Dr Sloan's resident," Dr Bailey said.

"For those of us not in medical school or training to be doctors please explain to the court what that means," Rivers said.

"I am Dr Sloan's teacher. If she has concerns Dr Sloan comes to me," Dr Bailey said.

"Were you aware of Miss Sloan's past?" Rivers asked.

"Mr Rivers, use the appropriate title for Dr Sloan," The judge said.

"Sorry your honour. Dr Bailey were you aware of Dr Sloan's past?" Rivers asked.

"Objection your honour. Relevance?" Evan my lawyer asked.

"We're establishing a background on Dr Sloan," Rivers said.

"I'll allow it. Dr Bailey please answer the question," The Judge said.

"Yes. I was aware that Dr Sloan was a US army veteran," I said.

"Was there any concern about Dr Sloan's mental wellbeing?" Rivers asked.

"No. Dr Sloan disclosed to myself and the chief of surgery that she was speaking to a therapist on a regular basis but we had no concerns about Dr Sloan's ability to do her job," Dr Bailey said.

"Did you run the tests on Dr Sloan in order to check if Dr Sloan's liver was a match with her father Mr Sloan?" Rivers asked.

"We didn't run tests. Dr Sloan approached me to ask for my professional opinion. I reviewed her medical file to check if she was a viable candidate for organ donation," Dr Bailey said.

"Thank you, Dr Bailey. No more questions, your honour," Rivers said.

"Care to cross examine Mr Matthews," The judge asked.

"Yes, your honour," Evan said. "Dr Bailey in your professional opinion please explain if Dr Sloan was a viable candidate to donate her liver to Mr Sloan,"