Wedding Bells

Addison and I both finished our shifts for the day. Neither of us had seen each other at all during the day. I saw her as I was leaving.

"Tomorrow's the big day," I said.

"Yeah. You nervous?" Addison asked.

"No. I'm good," I said smiling.

"What happened to you staying apart?" Callie asked.

"Give us 5 minutes," Addison said. Callie walked away. I went to kiss Addison but she pushed me away. "No. No kissing until it's our kiss. Waiting will only make the wedding night sweeter,"

"I thought that applied to sex not kissing," I said.

"It applies to both. I'll see you tomorrow," Addison said.

"See you tomorrow," I said. Addison walked off with Callie. Addison, Emily, Callie, Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, and Hahn had gone out. Alex, Mark, Derek, George and I were in my old apartment. We were playing darts and pool.

Timeskip
I sat in the room where I was going to be getting ready for the wedding. Most of the boys had gone to work.

"Hey, stranger," I heard. I turned to see Amelia, my sister.

"Hey, you made it," I said.

"Of course I made it. You and Addie are getting married," Amelia said smiling at me. We ended up talking while I started getting ready. I settled on straightening my hair and Amelia covered the scars I had on my face before I put my tux on.

Amelia went to Addison's room to get herself ready

Amelia went to Addison's room to get herself ready. Callie walked in.

"Looking sharp, Sloan," Callie said.

"Thanks. Is Ads in her dress yet?" I asked.

"She's just got it on. She sent me in to make sure that you're running on time," Callie said. George and Alex arrived.

"Look at you," Alex teased.

"You 2 need to get your suits on. Where's Mark and Derek?" Callie asked.

"They just left the surgery. They were coming right behind us," Alex said.

"We're right here," Mark said as he and Derek arrived already in their suits. Callie left. Once we were all ready Callie had us all ready to go and Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, and Emily, and George walked out and stood at the front. Next to go down the aisle were Alex and Amelia with me behind them. I got to the front and took my place. I looked around the hall and saw friends and family smiling. In the front row were Daniella and Tristan who were Scott's wife and son as well as an empty seat with 'Reserved for the people who couldn't be here with us' written and put in a frame resting on the chair. The song changed and I turned to see Callie walking down the aisle. Behind her was Addison with Derek and Mark both looping their arms with her. I smiled stepping forward to meet them.

"Don't hurt her," Mark said. "Or I will whoop your backside Sloan style,"

"I won't hurt her," I said. I helped Addison up.

"Such a gentlewoman," Addison smirked. I smiled.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We're gathered here today to join Addison Forbes Montgomery and Sage Carson Taylors Sloan in marriage after over 10 years of friendship," The officiant said. He continued to talk. "Both Addison and Sage have written their own vows. Sage, would you like to start?"

"Actually I'd like to start," Addison said. I smiled. "As individuals, we could not be more different. You bring out a side in me that I didn't even know existed. You make me laugh so much. I've never felt safer than I am with you. You've been my person for a long time. I love you, Sage. I love that you're always up for trying something new or challenging. I love how selfless you are. I promise to make you happy. I promise to always be your person. I promise to be there for you even when you think you don't need it. I promise to be the reason you smile and laugh until we're grey and old," Addison said.

"Do redheads go grey?" Alex asked. Amelia elbowed him. I laughed.

"Would you like to continue?" The officiant asked.

"You are everything I've ever wanted in a partner. Most people are lucky to get married once and while I do love you Derek the love of my life is Sage," Addison said. "I'm lucky to be standing here marrying the love of my life, the reason I smile and laugh. It's taken us a while but we're here now. I love you, Sage," Addison grabbed my hand. I smiled leaning over to wipe her eyes.

"Sage," The officiant asked.

"At 16, never did I imagine that the gorgeous redhead with bright green eyes sat across from the dinner table would be the woman that 14 years later I was stood across from at the alter. Nor did I imagine that I would have to wait for the pretty boys to have their fun. I didn't imagine that I would be lucky enough to marry not only the woman of my dreams but my best friend. Whenever I deployed I couldn't wait to get back home and while at the time I thought that home was New York I now know that while I do love New York that it wasn't the home I was so excited to come back to. You Addison Montgomery are the home that I couldn't wait to get back to. You're my person, my best friend, my home, my better half. You're the love of my life and the lighthouse that brought me home safe and sound during a time when I didn't know where to go there was you standing there with that smile on your face that makes my heart melt. Thank you. I love the life we are building together with Ace and I can't wait to write the next chapters of our lives as wife and wife. I promise to make sure that you never have to question my love. I promise to make you smile and laugh so much that it makes your sides hurt. I promise to make you pancakes and waffles and whatever other food you want. I promise to love you for the rest of my life. I promise that as long as I'm around you'll have your very own personal mechanic and construction specialist. I promise to try to be the best person I can be for you," I said. Addison was crying.

"I told myself I wouldn't cry," Addison said. I smiled moving to wipe her tears away gently.

"I've got you," I said. We said our I-dos and exchanged rings. We were now outside. Addison was walking around talking to people while I stood with Amelia and Alex.

"Dude, you got married," Alex said.

"I got married," I smiled.

"Yes you did," Amelia said.

"I'm gonna go get a drink do you want anything?" Alex asked.

"Ginger ale please," Amelia said.

"I'll have a club soda. Thank you Alex," I said. He walked off.

"You can order alcohol you know," Amelia said to me.

"I don't really drink anymore," I said. Bailey walked over to us.

"Congratulations Sage," Bailey said.

"Thank you Bailey," I said. "I promise no more fighting,"

"You got married you didn't have a personality transplant," Amelia said.

"Sloan, don't promise me you're not going to fight cause I'm not stupid," Bailey said. Amelia laughed.

"Less fights," I said.

"Sure Sloan," Bailey walked away.

"You came out swinging you can't control it," Amelia said.

"How many times did I get into a fight because you said something stupid to someone bigger than you?" I asked.

"You're very protective," Amelia said squeezing my cheeks. "Love you Soldier,"

"Love you too Frankenstein," I smiled as Addison walked over.

"It's time for photos," Addison said grabbing my hand.

"When's it time for sex?" I asked. Addison looked at me. "I can wait," I said.

"Later," Addison said kissing me.