Much Too Much

I sat on a chair reading articles about Quints at the Peds floor nurses station where the NICU was. Addison walked over. I handed her a cup of coffee.

"Trying to buy your way onto my service?" Addison asked.

"I don't need to buy my way onto Neonatal. I'll woo you that much you'll be begging for me," I said. Addison looked at the book I was reading.

"You're studying?" Addison asked.

"Quints are rare. Rare and highly likely to have medical defects. I'm not about to stand in front of you unprepared. Plus the dark blue scrubs are so much hotter than the salmon pink," I said. Addison laughed.

"I've got Stevens," Addison said. "So get to work,"

"Get your own coffee next time," I said. Addison laughed as I walked away.

Timeskip

I sat on a bench outside the hospital with Meredith and Cristina. Both of them were drinking coffee while I stood up smoking. Cristina pulled out a key.

"Burke keyed you?" Meredith said.

"Got freaking keyed before coffee," Cristina said. I chuckled.

"What is wrong with them?" Meredith asked.

"They're like these 1950s debutantes, one dance and there's a shotgun to your head," Cristina said.

"I'm so glad to be gay," I said. Meredith and Cristina looked at me.

"You're into girls?" They both asked.

"Very into girls," I said as my pager went off. "See ya later ladies,"

Timeskip
I was stood beside Derek and Burke.

"Why are you hovering?" Derek asked.

"I want surgery. Do you have surgeries?" I asked. "I bring coffee. I'm awesome and I did open heart surgery in an elevator last month," I said.

"Addison has quints jump on that case," Derek said.

"She's suffering brain damage," I said.

"Really? Am I?" Addison asked walking over with a smirk.

"Clearly," I said.

"What if I came over here to tell you that you can work on the case?" Addison asked.

"Don't get my hopes up," I said. Addison turned to Dr Burke and Derek. She handed both of them a large file.

"Dorie Russell, she's giving birth to quints," Addison said.

"Yes, Richard said we were on standby. Which is no problem really, cause it's not like I have a neurosurgery department to run or anything," Derek said.

"Aww," Addison mocked him.

"Yes, apparently our departments are at her disposal," Dr Burke said.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen?" I teased. Addison smirked.

"Do you have time to talk to the mom now? I want her to meet all the surgeons on the team," Addison asked.

"Yes. No problem," Derek said looking at the computer.

"I'll come by after I get out of the OR," Dr Burke said.

"Thank you, Dr Burke," Addison said as he walked off. Derek stood up.

Timeskip

I was on the Peds floor juggling three balls in front of a group of little kids. I was distracting them so that the nurses could put their IVs back in.

"When did you become a kid's entertainer?" Dr Bailey asked.

"I've checked your post-ops and made the notes. Burke's got George, Shepherd has no surgery, Montgomery's got Stevens and these kids need IVs but won't sit still long enough for the nurses to do them," I said doing tricks.

"Montgomery needs a consult for one of the quints. You can't stand here all day doing this. Let's go," Dr Bailey said. The kids had their IVs and were now standing talking. I walked out with Dr Bailey.

Timeskip

Dr Bailey, Addison, Cristina, Izzie and I were standing in Dorie's room.

"Here it is. Right there. The omphalocele," Addison said printing off an ultrasound.

"Yeah, look at that," Dr Bailey said to Cristina and me.

"That's the scariest word yet," Dorie said.

"All, it means is that ah some of the baby's internal organs are growing in a sac outside its body," Cristina said like it was nothing.

"Cristina!" Izzie said.

"All it means her organs are growing outside of her body? That's all it means?" Dorie laughed hysterically.

"It's gonna be okay," Izzie said.

"It seems incredibly scary and concerning but the surgical fix is a very basic one," I said.

"I'll remove the sac membrane containing the organs and make a small incision in the baby's abdomen and put them back inside," Dr Bailey explained.

"Julie. She's the quiet one," Dorie said.

Timeskip

I was cooking dinner. Addison was watching her pager.

"The quints and Dorie will be fine. Stevens is on call and she knows to page you at the smallest problem," I said.

"What if I miss the page?" Addison asked.

"I sleep on the air mattress in your room if your pager goes off I'll wake you up. I'm a very light sleeper," I said.

"What if you don't hear it?" Addison asked as I put the food on a plate.

"You need to calm down and eat," I said.

"I can't eat," Addison said. I walked behind her and started rubbing her shoulders.

"You're one of the best neonatal surgeons in the country. Dorie, Tom and their no doubt adorable baby girls are lucky to have you. You're great all the time but you're at your best when you're calm so what do you need?" I asked massaging her shoulders.

"Wow, you're good at that," Addison said.

"Is it helping?" I asked.

"Not really but it feels nice," Addison said.

"So what can I do to help you?" I asked.

"Who was the last person you slept with?" Addison asked.

"Uh Meg from Derm," I said. "A while ago,"

"I haven't had sex in so long. You can say no," Addison said.

"No. Sex sounds good," I said.

Timeskip

My pager went off for Dorie's surgery. I headed down to the OR. It was full of other doctors from different departments. Scrub nurses were helping us into gowns and gloves. George had the first baby from Addison taking it over to the incubator set by Burke. Cristina took the next one carrying it over to get checked over by Bailey. Meredith had the next one to take over to an incubator. Alex took the next one and Izzie had the last one. I stepped forward.

"We're getting the placenta out and then we're going to close her up," Addison said to me. The babies were wheeled out one by one.