Testing 1-2-3

4 months later

I was packing up to leave the base.

"4 months come and gone," Teddy said.

"Yeah. It's time for me to get back home to my woman," I said.

"I can't believe you found someone," Teddy teased.

"Hey if Hunt over there can find someone surely it can't be that hard," I said.

"Hey," Owen said. I laughed. "Glad you're happy Sloan," Owen said.

"Me too Hunt," I said. We heard a chopper.

"That's your ride," Teddy said to me.

"This has been fun. You guys stay safe," I said. Owen was the first to wrap me into a hug.

"You stay safe too," Owen said pulling away. Teddy pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you, guys," I said.

Timeskip

Addison had been keeping me up to date on everything happening at Seattle Grace. George and Callie got married. Denny Duquette died. Callie thinks George is cheating on her with Izzie. Alex had pulled a pregnant crush victim from the rubble of a ferryboat crash. Meredith's stepmother had come into the hospital with hiccups and ended up dying of some sort of complication. Meredith had nearly died at Elliot Bay and her Mom died. Cristina and Burke were getting married tomorrow. George's dad had died. Oh, and Mark had moved to Seattle permanently. I had now arrived at the hospital. I was still in my army uniform. I headed upstairs to the conference room. Dr Webber was sitting waiting with Meredith.

"I'm not too late am I?" I asked.

"Welcome back Dr Sloan," Dr Webber said. "There are copies of the intern's exam on the table, some number 2 pencils,  bottles of water and sandwiches if you get hungry. I'll send a proctor in, and I'll come back in a few hours and check on you," Dr Webber said. I set my gear down and set my hat on the table.

Timeskip

I had now changed into normal clothes

I had now changed into normal clothes. I found Callie at the nurse's station.

"Sloan," Callie said.

"Hey. I like the new hair. Congratulations on the marriage," I said.

"Thanks," Callie said. "Addison's already left. She's across the street at Burke's bachelor party,"

"Okay. Thank you, Callie. It's nice to see you," I said. I headed across the street and saw Addison getting out of her car. I smiled before whistling loudly. Addison spun around. I rushed over pulling her into a kiss.

"Did you make the exam?" Addison asked.

"Yeah. I would have come and found you sooner but traffic was a nightmare and then I had my exam," I said. "I've missed you so much,"

"I'm glad you're home, Sage. I've missed you too," Addison said. "Now you can come to Burke's bachelor party with me,"

"Sounds fun but I've already been invited to the bachelorette party at Meredith's house," I said.

"Then Lieutenant I'll see you tonight," Addison said.

"Yes ma'am," I said saluting at her. "I love you," 

"I love you too," Addison said smiling. We kissed before going our separate ways.

Timeskip

I was with Cristina, Callie, Izzie and Meredith at Meredith's house for Cristina's bachelorette party.

"What the hell am I supposed to do about the stupid vows?" Cristina asked.

"You still haven't written anything?" Meredith asked drinking her drinking.

"Well, it's stupid crap," Cristina dismissed.

"No, it isn't," Izzie said.

"Well, what am I supposed to say? I swear to love and cherish you every moment of every day of my life? I mean, that's not real. I mean, that's not how it works, right?" Cristina asked turning to look at Callie.

"It does, at first, but then it..." Callie trailed off.

"It passes," Meredith said.

"No, it doesn't. You guys are just used to it. That's all. You already have it. You have that thing everybody else wants. You can take it for granted. But let me tell you, if you didn't, if you couldn't be with the person that you love, I guarantee that hearing him promise to love you and honour you and cherish you, no matter what, would be pretty much all you could think about," Izzie said. Callie grew a pissed-off expression on her face.

"Wait, can you say that again, uh, just slowly?" Cristina asked reaching for a pen and paper.

"You're talking about Denny, right?" Meredith asked looking at Callie.

"Yeah," Izzie said.

"I'm gonna go smoke," I said.

"I'll come with," Callie said. We walked out to the front. I stood by my car and Callie sat on the steps. "Your first night back and you and Addison are both apart,"

"Yeah. How's she been?" I asked lighting the cigarette.

"It was hard on her but Alex and I made sure she didn't feel alone. Alex practically moved into your apartment," Callie said.

"Thank you," I said. "I was worried," I admitted.

"I know. She was worried too but your letters helped," Callie said.

"I think I'm gonna marry her," I blurted out. Callie looked at me. "Fuck. That's bad right? We've only been together like 6 months and 4 of those I was overseas," I said. "I cannot be thinking about marrying her. Jesus Christ she literally just finalised her divorce,"

"I think she'd say yes," Callie said. "If she wants to have kids with you which I know she does then she'll say yes,"

"It's too early right now," I said. "Come on let's get back inside," I said standing up. I dabbed the cigarette out against the wall and crushed it under my shoe.