poudre aux yeux (eng)

I just realized how much this society is twisted. How much this world is. People say that we rebelled against the hypocrisy of the past, but I guess that behind sparkles and light screens, we didn't see it come back. Adults are like kids in a huge kindergarten, they talk, hide, denounce, all in their lives is calculated, just as the kid plays "like" an adult. It's a spiral of glitters glued astray with all its twisted spires. It is the same scheme as before, we live in another timelapse, barely identical to the last one. People are tired. They can't bear it anymore, it's too much for them to handle. Every single one enveloped under a coat of hypocrisy, having deep in their heart a little tick tocking, waiting to burst out, sick of all of it. The social anxiety that grows out of this situation is embarrassing for the people who suffer from it, but actually no one cares. People are exhausted. They're gonna burst out, scream out, just until we put more blush on their cheeks and make them look younger. A bit of sparkling glitters and stupidising screens, so that we forget. All that we were sick of. A strass on the eyelid, an objective to do when you're bored, reasons to go outside, under a mask, or to stay home, behind a pseudo. Everyone's ill, but we still keep on the track. We do not give up. Just some poudre aux yeux.

this text has been published in a magazine called Hot hot hot, about global warming.
~~~

aren't we all monsters inside ?
きらりん